cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access plan and Add-on page - Generic Error

jf
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Leaving for the states and wanted to add the US addon but the page has been in error all morning. https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/error?aspxerrorpath=/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/change-plan/

JF

10 REPLIES 10

@NJC wrote:

I'm using Chrome under Win10 and had the same error trying to view my Add on page. Incognito didn't help but using Firefox did. 

It's not just you, and it's not your browser.  Tonight, self-serve has been showing blank/no plans in some of our accounts.

NJC

I'm using Chrome under Win10 and had the same error trying to view my Add on page. Incognito didn't help but using Firefox did. 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gino188

Okay, glad to hear it worked out.  Robot Happy

gino188

I had to use MS Edge and the site worked.

The port was super quick, about 5 mins, then my old SIM no longer worked, and then a quick reboot of my new phone and everything seems to be ok. 

SD08

@gino188

Well, now that you've encountered an error, you should try the browser tips listed above.

Additional tips for porting:
-Use account number of old provider only as that is most reliable (not IMEI, ESN or PIN)
-Enter name and account number as it appears on your other provider's bill
-Alternate phone number is unnecessary and should be left blank
-Be sure to click checkbox "I am authorized to transfer this number" before filling in phone number

If none of that works, then you'll need to get a moderator's help. You should send one of them a private message with your current PM phone number, the phone number you're trying to port, the account number at the other provider, and the name authorized on that account. How to contact mods:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Contacting-our-Community-Moderators/ta-...

Good luck and keep us updated as to how it goes.

gino188

Having the same issue. I'm trying to port a number in via the "Plan and Add-ons" page as described in another thread and the page comes up with a Generic Error. 

It is my first time browsing PM on this computer so there shouldn't be anything cached

EDIT: I had to use MS Edge, wasn't working in Chrome. 

FYI you can also purchase the add-on by dialing 611. Buying an add-on is two step process. When you buy it first time, it will add funds to your Available Balance. You must buy it again to activate the add-on and this time it will take payment from available funds.

jf

Thanks, I was already in incognito and tried all you suggested. It seems to be available now.

Thanks for checking.

JF

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@jf  I was jsut able to get in.

Maybe try it in a different brower, or clearing your cache.

SD08

I just tried the page and it works for me.

If it still doesn't work for you, then here are some things to try:
-clear your browser cache
-use private/incognito browsing mode
-use a different browser

If none of that helps, then it's best to get a moderator to help with this, as you're short on time.  Send them a private message with your phone number.  How to contact mods:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Contacting-our-Community-Moderators/ta-...

Need Help? Let's chat.