cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Text picture image iPhone 4s talk text US roaming add on

Tubaneil
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all.

searched here. It seems I might be out of luck but.....

My iPhone appears to allow only one setting in APN: SP.MB.COM Data is enabled.

i still can't send texts with pictures while in US. Regular Texts and calls work.

Is issue due to iPhone 4s only being 3G ? Or ?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

Tubaneil

.... 3G data is enabled. Not sure if there is a "roaming data" or similar option but will double check for that. 

Thanks.

Tubaneil

Data is enabled.

Phone uses , works on, AT&T or T-Mobile as needed.

Tubaneil

Data is enabled.

Phone uses , works on, AT&T or T-Mobile as needed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tubaneil wrote:

.... Used safari via web on wifi to install public mobile Canada then T-Mobile us, APN. No change, same issue

Of course you have data mode on and roaming data on right? You shouldn't need to change the APN to a US one.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@TubaneiliPhone 4s runs on 3G. It is either AT&T or TMobile who are peering partners with Public Mobile, switch to either one. The problem with 3G and data is for 3G is to achieve higher speeds, the cell tower has to take up extra slots to multicast. Since there aren't that many 3G investments around anymore, providers tend to limit the number of slots that one can use for data, so the towers can serve more customers, especially places where cell towers are sparse.

Tubaneil

.... Used safari via web on wifi to install public mobile Canada then T-Mobile us, APN. No change, same issue

Tubaneil

@Anonymous wrote:

@Tubaneil wrote:

i still can't send texts with pictures while in US. Regular Texts and calls work.

Can you send/receive true MMS (not through wifi iMessage) otherwise while in Canada?

This reference thread might have what you need.

hi.

yes; MMS texts work fine in Canada. (Pics and texts get sent) Thanks for link. iPhone was updated via cell network; Wifi was off, no data connection available at that time. I'll read that post more thoroughly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tubaneil wrote:

Hi all.

searched here. It seems I might be out of luck but.....

Is issue due to iPhone 4s only being 3G ? Or ?

Thanks.

Can you send/receive true MMS (not through wifi iMessage) otherwise while in Canada?

This reference thread might have what you need.

Need Help? Let's chat.