cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not get in my voice mail

jcoffee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Recently got  a text from an unknown number giving me a temporary password to get into my voicemail.  I never requested this.  Today I have been trying to reset my password but i cannot receive that temporary password i now requested today.  Trying to send a ticket and it is not going.   

8 REPLIES 8

I am SO Misunderstood around here!

AE_Collectors

<edit> Hah,.. Perfect example of "nothing EVER going wrong around here". 

I am trying to edit my previous post to include @Nezgar 's comment:

"So not sure about the steps described at.... It possible Out if Date" to clarify that I am in fact being fesicious but... It WONT let me edit that post! I click edit, my existing text pops up and then vanishes before my eyes! I tried it 5 times including going elsewhere and coming back to try again. Soo... I am going to go and "Have a nice day"!

AE_Collector

jcoffee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You don't have to buy it. That was happening to me at the time. I have other priorities that I can do than come on this forum to say something that does not exist. Have a great day! 

@Nezgar wrote:

Sorry but.... No way... not buying it. Stuff like that never happens around here.

AE_Collector

So interestingly I tested out this voicemail reset stuff...

The public mobile documentation that states after 2 failed voicemail PIN entries you will get the option to have a temporary PIN texted to you is false. It took about 8 bad passwords before it told me I was locked out, and to dial in from my own number.

Then I went into self-serve and reset the voicemail PIN from there, which told me the PIN was reset to my phone number.

I dialed in again immediately (from another phone) and after pressing * was told my account is still locked. I then tried dialing from my Public Mobile line, and it said my voicemail could not be accessed. Trying again after 1 minute more both worked fine.

Dialing in from my mobile at this point immediately allowed access since I set it to not require a PIN from that phone, and dialing from another phone accepted the phone number as the PIN, and required changing it to proceed.

So not sure about the steps described at https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/reset-your-voicemail-password - they seem possible out of date...

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

Recently got  a text from an unknown number giving me a temporary password to get into my voicemail. 

@jcoffee  I don't think that temporary password has anything to do work Public Mobile.

I never requested this.  Today I have been trying to reset my password but i cannot receive that temporary password i now requested today.  Trying to send a ticket and it is not going.   

Are you referring to your selfserve password? If yes, then contact PM for help. 

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@jcoffee here's a link on how to reset your voicemail password using your phone  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/reset-your-voicemail-password

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jcoffee You can reset your voicemail password from within your self service account. 

(My Profile - Reset Voicemail Password.)

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jcoffee   How did you send a ticket?  If through SIMon and not getting anywhere, then try this link to private message Moderator_Team: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

I'm reading the response time to hear back is going into more than a day right now, but hopefully you hear back sooner than that.  Keep checking your email and the envelope icon top right of your screen for a response.

Need Help? Let's chat.