cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can make calls but no data...

Garrick
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was reading some similar topics on the subject but these didn't help my case.

I subscribed at Public mobile last month and everything was going well till that day I went hiking up Lynn Canyon.

Since then impossible to get data to work. I can call no issues, but no internet appart from Wifi connection of course.

I checked:

That I had sufficient data on my plan 4.5Go available

Public mobile in Sim slot 1

Switch card data set to slot 1

No data cap or data lock enabled

Mobile data on

Roaming on

APN set correctly attached in image

Screenshot_20181115-143133.jpgScreenshot_20181115-142922.jpgScreenshot_20181115-142809.jpgScreenshot_20181115-142615.jpgScreenshot_20181115-142557.jpgScreenshot_20181115-142606.jpg

The weird part is that it was working and now it isn't anymore...Help please I'm so close to let it all go.

12 REPLIES 12

If you haven't made any APN changes either manually or have preformed a sotware update that could have changed the settings incorrectly, this is most likely an account issue.  I too, don't see anything wrong with the setttings, although as mentioned, I would try using sp.mb.com instead and to make that change the APN type field.

Garrick

Thanks for your help, Iv'e tried the last solutions and still no luck...

I've contacted a moderator, lets hope he has got an answer or I'll have to change carrier unfortunetely...

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Garrick, is there someway that your settings got changed to use SIM 2 for data?  Have you checked to see which sim is the default for data?

ETA I see in the first set of pics it is selected as the PM SIM it was just greyed out

@ShawnC13 yeah the second and third screen shots show SIM1 as selected for data, the 2nd shot shows it in the settings and the 3rd shot in the quick toggles where there's a quick toggle for data between the two cards.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Garrick, is there someway that your settings got changed to use SIM 2 for data?  Have you checked to see which sim is the default for data?

ETA I see in the first set of pics it is selected as the PM SIM it was just greyed out

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Check preferred network type is set to 4G/LTE, automatically select network, in APN settings, try GID for MVNO type and 4D4F for MVNO value.  I  am out of ideas so I am trying to turn over every rock here. 

srlawren

@Garrick nothing is standing out to me as being the issue at this point.  I might suggest if you haven't already, reach out to the moderator team by sending them a private message and ask if they can verify if there's anything on the account side that could be the cause.  Looking at your self-serve screen shot it appears okay but there may be something behind the scenes.  You can find out how to contact them this way here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745

But I mean your plan info appears okay, your APN appears okay (after adding supl and mms), your mobile data is turned on and set to your PM SIM, your airplane mode is off, your preferred network type is on auto 2g/3g/4g which is correct, you've done a network reset....  I'm trying to think if there's anything else but I'm coming up blank.  @computergeek541 @will13am @NDesai @imm1304 can you guys think of anything I've overlooked here?  

If the moderators come up with nothing, your next step may unfortunately be to try a factory reset.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Garrick

Hi there and thanks for the quick answer:

-I have modified my APN as directed (Yes, I manually tried to enter some stuff to try to make it work)

-Yes this is a OnePlus 5T

-I turned wifi off, and no data even through apps (gmail, whatsup, mobi), I also check that there was no data restriction on any of the apps.

-2Degrees Sim. I just arrived from NZ, but that other sim was already installed when data was working on that phone. Data stopped working pretty much after that hike, I was reaching the end of my plan, so I bought an other 40$ one but could never make it work again.

-I reset the network settings and restarted the phone with no luck so far...

CheersScreenshot_20181115-174542.jpgScreenshot_20181115-174350.jpgScreenshot_20181115-174401.jpg

srlawren

@Garrick some further thoughts:

1) you have WiFi turned on in all of your screen shots.  Could you turn it off temporarily and take a screen shot.  I'm curious what displays on the first of the two SIM meter displays in the status bar when your WiFi is off.

2) did you manually edit any of the APN settings?  Did you recently travel aboard and use the "2degrees" SIM card while away?

3) have you tried a network reset?  It might be worth a try.  Go to settings, Backup & reset, then Network settings reset.  You will need to reconnect to your Wi-Fi network(s) and bluetooth device(s) afterward but it's worth a try.

EDIT: 

4) do any apps get data when you have Wi-Fi turned off or none?  Like maybe try Chrome, Gmail app, any sort of messaging app(s) you have installed (WhatsApp, etc)?  Do any of them work?  In OxygenOS you can set per-app whether or not they can use mobile data. 

srlawren

@Garrick which OnePlus device is that?  Looks like a 5T maybe?

EDIT: I just compared my APN to yours and I agree with William that your APN type should be "default,supl,mms" with no spaces (and without the quotes of course)

@MoreYummy wrote:

On the first glimps, your apn is wrong, it should be sp.mb.com  change that and see what happens.

There is actually 2 valid APNs.  One was intended for tethering but other not.  As it were both can tether.  The more popular one is sp.mb.com which we should all use for what it's worth.  Also, I would change APN type to default,supl,mms.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

On the first glimps, your apn is wrong, it should be sp.mb.com  change that and see what happens.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Your apn host name is incorret, should be sp.mb.com  

Need Help? Let's chat.