cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a add-on become added as an autopay option?

aaronk11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I am on the $15 plan but would like to do an add on for $5 that will enable to me have an extra 500 minutes of Canada wide calling. I would like it to be added every month and I would like it to be covered by autopay. Does anyone know how to set this up, if it is possible?

Thanks,

Aaron

4 REPLIES 4

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@aaronk11 you've gotten some good responses so far.  I see you as having basically two options:

1) Manually keep adding the $5 talk add-ons when you need them.  This option will likely be cheapest unless you use a LOT of talk time, but requires more effort on your part to monitor your usage in your self-serve account and to purchase when needed.  

OR

2) Change plans to the $25 plan.  This is $5 more than you wanted to spend every month, but would upgrade you to unlimited Canada-wide talk mins so you never have to look at your minute usage or worry about adding more time.  You would also get access to 1GB (with auto-pay, or 500MB without) of data to use occasionally.  If you don't think you'll never want/need the data, then choosing this option would only be about the convenince of not counting your mins and managing it manually.  

EDIT: I forgot the link to the $25 plan details, for your consideration: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/plans/25for500MB-3Gspeed

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@aaronk11 

How many outgoing minutes are you using every month?

Add-on minutes does not expiry.  Any unused add-on minutes will be rolled over to next 30 cycle until they are used.  If you does not use too many outgoing minutes, you can purchase one $5 500 minutes add-on as a backup.  Your $15 plan 100 outgoing minutes will be reset on your renewal date.

I purchased a $5 500 minutes add-on on my spouse's $15 plan.  My spouse's account is still have 500 minutes left after 6 months.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@aaronk11 , the $5 is a two step manual process and cannot be automatically applied by autopay. You can load multiple ones on. And they will expire as used up. Add the funds ie $30 for 6 of them. Then buy them. You can then login every 3 months and see how many are still there and add as needed.

@aaronk11 wrote:

Hi, I am on the $15 plan but would like to do an add on for $5 that will enable to me have an extra 500 minutes of Canada wide calling. I would like it to be added every month and I would like it to be covered by autopay. Does anyone know how to set this up, if it is possible?

Thanks,

Aaron

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@aaronk11 wrote:

Thanks,

Aaron

@aaronk11  What you are asking cannot be done. The way add-ons work is that they stay on your account until all used up. So let's say you used up all your 100 outgoing minutes  for the 30 days and another 100 from your add-on on your next renewal the 100 minute counter resets and you still have 400 minutes left on your add-on.

If you want you can purchase 12 x $5 for the entire year upfront and that will give your 6000 additional minutes ....but why bother?.

Need Help? Let's chat.