cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a KOODO Sim be used for PM

Milk
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Was going to switch to Koodo and bought a Koodo Sim card.  After closer examining the details of the Koodo plans for my needs have decided that PM is the better choice. I originaly considered Koodo because they offer a $15 plan with unlimited texting and" Get a free 100 minute Canada-wide Talk Booster® add-on" that I had assumed would be a monthly re-occurring add on but I was wrong - it's only a once free  lousy $10 add on so now i'm stuck with this $20 Koodo Sim card. --------------------Can this Sim be exchanged for a PM Sim?

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dunkgirl wrote:

You should be able to get a refund on that sim card? I would go to koodo store and ask for my money back.

I tried that about a month after I bought it. No way Jose.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You should be able to get a refund on that sim card? I would go to koodo store and ask for my money back.

If a phone number has already been assigned to that SIM, you won't be able to give it away or sell it.  Are you sure it's not assigned as you bought it with the new device?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Milk wrote:

Was going to switch to Koodo and bought a Koodo Sim card.  After closer examining the details of the Koodo plans for my needs have decided that PM is the better choice. I originaly considered Koodo because they offer a $15 plan with unlimited texting and" Get a free 100 minute Canada-wide Talk Booster® add-on" that I had assumed would be a monthly re-occurring add on but I was wrong - it's only a once free  lousy $10 add on so now i'm stuck with this $20 Koodo Sim card. --------------------Can this Sim be exchanged for a PM Sim?

Funny. I went through the same process. I'm still sitting on a virginal Koodo SIM. I never thought about an exchange though.

I'm still kinda liking that $15 base and then get the add-ons that rollover (not a monthly charge). But they don't offer the rewards like this place. So I'm happy to be here.

If you know someone already with Public Mobile then go get a SIM and activate it online here and use their number and you both get a $25 credit.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Milk wrote:

@MilkNo you can't use Koodo sim for PM.

No it can't be switched.... Unless you know someone that has an extra PM card and needs a Koodo sim and wants to trade.

You could of course also find someone to purchase the Koodo sim, then with whatever money you gain use towards a PM sim card, but for how much it costs it seems like a lot of effort .

Need Help? Let's chat.