cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Receive but not send texts.

richnoobz87
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Relatively new customer so not very familiar and hate to have an issue already.

I just recently set up my account after not doing so right away when I first got my phone hooked up. My plan was expired so I went to the 10$ plan as I only need something with little minutes and texting while I look for work.

I can receive messages but not send them. So is the plan that I only can receive them and pretty much being useless or does only one work right away while the other takes forever. I shut off phone and pulled out sum and did all that.

5 REPLIES 5

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@richnoobz87, are you on the $10 limited 50 minutes calling and 50 outgoinging sms, unlimited incoming text plan?  If so, it’s working as designed.

if you need minutes for more outgoing calls, you will need to ad the $8 or $15 long distance calling minutes to make more calls.  If you’ve run out of outgoing SMS, there is no addon available, you will need to send only MMS or find a different app to do that.

The other option is to get an unlimited calling and SMS package.

Did you write to the moderator for help????

Envelopp right up in this page... write moderator-team in send to and explain to them what happened... they will help you @richnoobz87!!! Few hours up to 2 days for reply... be patient Robot Frustrated

richnoobz87

If I made the mistake of paying 10 bucks for ppl to talk to me but I can't even talk to them, thats a big yikes.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@richnoobz87 wrote:

My plan was expired so I went to the 10$ plan as I only need something with little minutes and texting while I look for work.

I can receive messages but not send them. So is the plan that I only can receive them and pretty much being useless or does only one work right away while the other takes forever. I shut off phone and pulled out sum and did all that.

Were you ever able to send outgoing SMS since changing plans? If you were able to before, you may want to check your account usage history as to how many messages you have remaining.  There are some software apps that will send outgoing messages without informiing you, possibly causing you to use more up than you would have expected.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@richnoobz87 wrote:

My plan was expired so I went to the 10$ plan as I only need something with little minutes and texting while I look for work.

Were you ever able to send outgoing SMS since changing plans? If you were able to before, you may want to check your account usage history as to how many messages you have remaining.  There are some software apps that will send outgoing messages without informiing you, possibly causing you to use more up than you would have expected.

richnoobz87

Changed plans kind of recently within the hour. As soon as I changed and it took the money out of my balance, i was able to receive messages once again but sending messages never worked so I started back up again.

@richnoobz87 wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.