cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Public Mobile customers roam in Europe?

Danbea
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am wondering if Public Mobile offers service to their clients when they travel to Europe.  And if yes, how much would calls cost?

12 REPLIES 12

It probably serve as reminder, international roaming is long over due. 😄

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@xiaolongxie outdated?  Well, you ARE replying to a post from 2015 so.....

As for Europe:  unfortunately, nothing has changed.  PM only offers roaming services for the USA so far.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

xiaolongxie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is SO out dated!

Public Mobile is offering US roaming now.

Just not sure about Europe.

imm1304

Hi @danielsnider,

The accepted norm is to use the term "Global/International Text" for sending text messages from within the carrier's network coverage area, while connected to the home network of your carrier.  

The carrier is only able to offer the monthly plans that work while connected to its own network.  This is clearly different from international roaming service, which every carrier differentiates.  

danielsnider

OK! Thanks!!

So isn't the "Global Text" feature false advertising then?? 

srlawren

Hi @danielsnider, nothing has changed in this regard, unfortunately.  You will not get any service from Public Mobile outside of Canada.  If you're using an unlocked phone (which is likely on PM), you can always pick up a prepaid SIM card and service from a provider in the EU once you arrive.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

danielsnider

Any change on this? Can you still NOT roam in Europe?

Yeah, I hear Roam is a NICE city in Italy as well

imm1304

Yes, it would be nice to see international roaming add-on.

That's correct, and I do HOPE, that the LACK of Roaming is ONLY a Temporay Setback, and will ONCE again make a comeback

Danbea

Thanks for the info!

imm1304

Hi, public mobile does not offer roaming service outside of Canada at the moment.  So my understanding is that our public mobile phone lines stop working once we step outside Canada.  

Need Help? Let's chat.