cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use the free 400-minute International Call when i am in the US?

Daphne
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello PM,

For the 2019 Xmas bonus 400-minute International Call, can i use it when i am in the US, i.e. roaming in the US and call US/Canada numbers?

Thanks!

Daphne

10 REPLIES 10

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Ed404 

Public Mobile didn't create this software and may not have control of everything that they would like to have control of. As for rules about giving yourself a self-solution, Public Mobile has always reserved the right to make adjustments and has the final say about granting Community rewards.

Yeah in the end it won't benefit you, but it might be taking away from the user who actually answered it.

@Daphne , I've changed the solution for you.  I realize that the self-solution may have been an accident, but generally, members shouldn't be giving a solution to one's self.

@Ed404 

Public Mobile didn't create this software and may not have control of everything that they would like to have control of. As for rules about giving yourself a self-solution, Public Mobile has always reserved the right to make adjustments and has the final say about granting Community rewards.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Daphne Here's a bit of free advice as posted by Public Mobile.

See a post you like? Show it some love and give it a bravo!

Bravos.PNG

If someone is able to deliver a great solution to your problem, mark their response as an “Accepted Solution” to appreciate the efforts of your helper.

Accept as Solution.PNG

If you already selected a solution in error, you can change it as follows:
1. Go to the posted solution. Click on the 3 dots at upper right corner. Select "Not the solution"
2. You can now reselect another post as the solution.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ed404 wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@Daphne it is frowned upon to give yourself a self solution.

I agree, but to be fair the system lets you do it and there's no rule about it, that's Public Mobile's fault. It wouldn't take very long to implement a fix to prevent this from happening.

@Ed404 sometimes self solutions are acceptable.  Depending on replies to the thread and if the content of the self solution is unique and answers the question.   Thus banning the option I do t think is warranted, plus who knows if it is in fact an option in the lithium software.

Since I have a reply in this thread o am leaving it to the op or another Oracle to assign the solution.

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mimmo wrote:

I agree, but to be fair the system lets you do it and there's no rule about it, that's Public Mobile's fault. It wouldn't take very long to implement a fix to prevent this from happening.

@Daphne...glad you got your question answered and I see you've provided yourself with the "SOLUTION". I'd think you'd want to award the solution to whomever you thought gave you complete guidance to your question. I'm sure it would make that person happy.

mimmo

Daphne
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ok, thanks!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Daphne wrote:

Hello PM,

For the 2019 Xmas bonus 400-minute International Call, can i use it when i am in the US, i.e. roaming in the US and call US/Canada numbers?

Thanks!

Daphne

That 400 minutes of international calling only works while you're in Canada.

You'd need the 10 Day US talk/text/data add-on for use in US.

mimmo

@Daphne  no you can not. You need a USA add-on to use phone in USA.

Need Help? Let's chat.