cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use my 2GB holiday giveaway add-on after I used up my data during a month?

fangfang
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I have fully consumed my 1GB monthly data before a month is to the end, is my 2GB holiday giveaway add-on applied right away automatically, which means there is no any additional charge? 

7 REPLIES 7

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@fangfang wrote:

Hi there,

I have fully consumed my 1GB monthly data before a month is to the end, is my 2GB holiday giveaway add-on applied right away automatically, which means there is no any additional charge? 

Yes it is, @fangfang 

To keep track of what's remaining and what's consumed, see your My Data and Add Ons section of your self-serve account which looks like the below:

HALIMACS_0-1618962956676.png

fangfang

OK see, thank you!

@fangfang wrote:

sorry don't get it. what does is mean after-the-fact?

Postpaid providers will let you use data etc after you have used your monthly plan data, essentially on credit. Then, at the end of your billing cycle you get a (often hefty) bill that will reflect that additional use.

The opposite is true at Public Mobile: if you don't pay for a feature first (or have received it as a gift) you will simply not have access to it. There are never any surprises for overage use here.

Edit: I DID refresh before replying... Sorry for the obsolete post.

fangfang

Got it, thank you!

@fangfang ,

No additional charge!

Your 2GB addon holiday giveaway should kick right in after your 1GB plan data is finished.

When your plan renews, it will go back to using the 1GB plan data, and the remaining of the 2GB addon will stay until next time you run out.

fangfang

sorry don't get it. what does is mean after-the-fact?

@fangfang wrote:

There's never an additional charge for using something after-the-fact. You cannot use a feature at Pulic Mobile unlesss you've already paid for it or it's otherwise already included in your plan or add-ons.

Need Help? Let's chat.