cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I upgrade to a better plan?

J_defehr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What’s the best way to change my phone plan for more savings?

23 REPLIES 23

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@J_defehr What do you need is the most important issue. Just compare what you need and the price, you make a choice. 

Threads have been merged and moved to the Plans & Add-ons category. 

thanks

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@geopublic wrote:

@J_defehr wrote:

@J_defehr  Login to selfserve pick a plan that you like select it to take effect on your next renewal and $ave your money. Smiley Happy

Yep, can't recommend the next renewal option enough. And any plans you see on the front page (including promo/ltd time plans) are absolutely available to you from Self Serve! Happy savings!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@J_defehr wrote:

Make sure to schedule plan change on your next renewal date because there is no refund of unused days of your current billing cycle as PM is a prepaid provider if you change your plan immediately.

1.  Login to your account

2.  Select [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Change Plan]

3.  Select the plan you want from the list of available plan or use the plan builder

4.  Select "Change on next renewal date" to schdeule the plan change.

@J_defehr wrote:

So basically I have to have a separate community account to access help? Or can I access help directly from my public mobile account? 

@J_defehr  They are different accounts but you should use the same email and also verify your email on your community account so that you can get notified when you have a private message and also to get community rewards if you decide to participate in the community.

Slash

Add ons are $10 for 200MB, or $30 for 1GB.

I'm not sure what you current plan is now, but a $35 plan already has 1GB of data (+500MB with autopay, totalling 1.5GB), and for only $5 more, you get 4.5GB of data (+500MB with autopay, totalling 5GB!) .

So I think it's safe to say that changing your plan is the way to go.

J_defehr

That’s awesome thank you!! 

J_defehr

So basically I have to have a separate community account to access help? Or can I access help directly from my public mobile account? 

@J_defehr wrote:

For Canada you say they roll over to the next month, does that include all add ons, even a data add on?

Yes, all Canadian based add-ons NEVER expire. Smiley Happy

@J_defehr wrote:

Do add ons expire? 

Which add-ons are you talking about ?

Add-ons don't expire except US roaming.  Us roaming expires 10 after purchase. The10-day period begins when you pay for the Add-On and ends 10 days later at 11:59PM ET.  Here is more information about add-ons.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/overview-of-add-ons

J_defehr

For Canada you say they roll over to the next month, does that include all add ons, even a data add on?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@J_defehr wrote:

Do add ons expire each month?

Asked and answered in your other thread. 

@J_defehr  To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

Jadebug
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Some expire, others don't.

Canadian data add ons, for example, roll over to the next billing cycle, but the US ones have a 10 day expiry date. 

J_defehr

Thank you! What’s the best way to contact the team when needed? 

@J_defehr wrote:

Is it better to change my plan to include more data or should I just purchase an add on?

@J_defehr  It all depends on how many days you have until renewal and how much data do you consume. As @Anonymous  mentioned moving up to a plan with more data or renewing your existing plan early in most cases is a better choice. JUst keep in mind if you need to renew your existing plan early you need to contact the Public Mobile team to do it.

J_defehr

Do add ons expire each month?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Add-ons are said to be expensive here so if you would use it in less than a month then get are larger monthly data plan.

@J_defehr wrote:

Do add ons expire? 

@J_defehr  No they do not. They stay in your account until they are used up or until you close your account. The only exception are the US roaming add-ons they expire after 10 days.

J_defehr

Do add ons expire? 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@J_defehr wrote:

@J_defehr  Login to selfserve pick a plan that you like select it to take effect on your next renewal and $ave your money. Smiley Happy

J_defehr

Is it better to change my plan to include more data or should I just purchase an add on?

Need Help? Let's chat.