cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I suspend my plan if I am going on vacation?

samcat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I just joined public mobile with $10 off for 6 months.

Within the 6 months, I might go on vacation for 3 to 3.5 months outside the country. I won't need my Canadian plan or roaming this time and want to suspend my plan while I am away. 

Whether it's 1 month or 3 months, does public mobile have the option to suspend one's account? Is there a fee, and is it also self serve to put my own account on hold?

If I use my plan for 2 months, and then suspend my plan for 3 months, upon coming back can I still get $10 off for remaining 4 months, or remaining 1 month? 

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Dunkman wrote:

@samcat 

Just remove autopay and let the plan go suspended.  Then you have 90 days to reactivate plan.  If more than 90 days, then you will lose your phone number and plan.  There is no fee to suspend account.  Just need to re-activate before 90 days or lose your number 

If you suspend your account, you will likely lose your  all the $10 per month credits.  

Sorry but this being selected as the SOLUTION is VERY POOR as it does not take into account a person's promotions on the account... simply turning off AutoPay is not appropriate for everyone.

Please read the following article for a complete picture:

When and How to Suspend or Place an account on Hold (Extended absence, etc) 

Um...he has the caveat at the end. hairbag1 quoted it too. So it doesn't look like he edited it afterwards either. Even you quoted him.

@samcat: Sometimes things around here are unpredictable. Sometimes they go our way. If you're not too terribly concerned about the loss of the promo $10 so as not to be spending money on your plan for nothing...try it and see what happens. Suspend the account or let it suspend for lack of payment and then 85 days after that renew the plan (repeat as necessary) and see what happens. If you were to choose to try that out then please do report back your findings. All the regulars here would be curious to know. I would suspect these things are put on manually but who knows.

@Dunkman wrote:

@samcat 

Just remove autopay and let the plan go suspended.  Then you have 90 days to reactivate plan.  If more than 90 days, then you will lose your phone number and plan.  There is no fee to suspend account.  Just need to re-activate before 90 days or lose your number 

If you suspend your account, you will likely lose your  all the $10 per month credits.  

Sorry but this being selected as the SOLUTION is VERY POOR as it does not take into account a person's promotions on the account... simply turning off AutoPay is not appropriate for everyone.

Please read the following article for a complete picture:

When and How to Suspend or Place an account on Hold (Extended absence, etc) 

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

@samcat wrote:

Within the 6 months, I might go on vacation for 3 to 3.5 months outside the country. I won't need my Canadian plan or roaming this time and want to suspend my plan while I am away. 

Whether it's 1 month or 3 months, does public mobile have the option to suspend one's account? Is there a fee, and is it also self serve to put my own account on hold?

If I use my plan for 2 months, and then suspend my plan for 3 months, upon coming back can I still get $10 off for remaining 4 months, or remaining 1 month? 

Good info at the link provide by @darlicious. TO clarify your situation, the promotion cleary states:

• The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

So to clarify, you will get the credit as long as you are paying but once place your account on hold you will lose the credit. But again, as pointed out, this will be offset by the savings of not having to pay for the months you are on hold. Just be sure to reactivate your account before the 90 days pass from the day your account is placed on hold.

Have a nice trip.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/When-and-How-to-Suspend-or-Place-an-accoun...
@samcat wrote:

@samcat  If your account becomes inactive or goes into suspension you will lose your promotion but that will be made up by not paying for your plan for a couple of months.... Here is everything you need to know about suspending your account...above your quoted post? Still can't quite grasp what I'm doing wrong with the copy and paste links. I definitely need another tutorial. That article is courtesy of @pm-smayer97 .

@Dunkman wrote:

@samcat 

Your plan will Suspend when your most recent plan expires...then your 90 days starts counting down. If you re-up your plan, do it a few days before the 90 days in case of unforeseen problem causes lose of plan altogeather. Perhaps 85 days to be certain.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@samcat 

Need Help? Let's chat.