cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I stay with my current phone number?

diml
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

And if yes what the process for this?

9 REPLIES 9

@Badgerlake 

More details of your question would be helpful.

If you are looking at porting over your number from another company, here is the help article 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number

@Badgerlake did you need help with something? 

Badgerlake
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

KevinJing

thanks a lot Mana

@KevinJing sorry to hear about your trouble. 

Please send a private message to @CS_Agent. In your message to them, please include:

- explanation of your issue

- your account number

- your phone number

- your account PIN

The mods will help you out resolve your issue. 

Please don't post any personal information here in public post. 

Please remove your email address from this post. This is for your own privacy. 

Thanks. 

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@KevinJing, First off, in the future, you should always ask a new question in a new thread.  That way your question will get the attention it deserves, and not risk being lost within an older thread.

If your account is suspended, you will need to send a private message to the moderators team, giving them the information about your account (phone number, name, email, account PIN, etc).  They will be able to reset your account for you.

Click here to send them a private message.

Information regarding the moderator team can be found by following this link.

KevinJing

Hi Mana,

I have public mobile number, due date is yesterday (01/14/2018), for now, cell phone is suspend.  I want to log in my account to change something (ex.plan), but the problem is i forgot my password, even I forgot the answer for the security question, how I can get my account number? who can help me to get new password to log in my account? can you send me email

thanks

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@diml yes you can bring in your number from your current service provider. This process is called porting in an existing number. 

I would suggest to do this in two steps:

1) active your public mobile sim and account and get a new number first and make sure that all service and features works correctly. Once you are satisfied then

2) log back into your public mobile account and port in (transfer) your old number from your current service provider to public mobile. 

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When you activate your SIM on Public Mobile, the system will ask you about bringing your old number from your previous provider.  You would need to provide the phone number, as well as your account information from your previous provider.  Be sure to enter the account information correctly, otherwise the porting of your old number could get stuck and require intervention from our moderators.  Not to worry either way.  If something goes wrong, there is help nearby.

Need Help? Let's chat.