cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I set up a recurring talk add-on?

tfriesen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is it possible to set up and purchase a recurring talk add-on? I would like to have the '200 min US and Canada Long Distance - $8.00' add-on be added continually each and every month.

If this is not possible, would the following solution work:

Buy a quantity of 12 of this add-on and then only need to purchase this once per year. Or perhaps a smaller quantity (i.e. 4) and see how much of this I actually use. Do these minutes roll-over indefinitely? i.e. Could 1 purchase of this last me the entire year if I never used all 200 minutes?

Thanks in advance for your help.

13 REPLIES 13

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tfriesen you may want to review this recent thread, with a very similar question to yours.  All the replies there would apply to your situation as well.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Can-a-add-on-become-added-as-an-autopay...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @tfriesen 

Don't stuck up too many add-ons at the time, you may regret it. There may be many changes coming. 

Do you have data plan? You can set hangouts with your phone number as caller ID and call USA for free.

If you are on 40 plan than it's just 10 more to have unlimited USA, if you think you need more that l than 200 monthly, it's totally worth it.

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Go for 400 minutes it comes a little bit cheaper. 

If you have any data, install TextNow for backup

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@tfriesen wrote:

Is it possible to set up and purchase a recurring talk add-on?

@tfriesen  No

I would like to have the '200 min US and Canada Long Distance - $8.00' add-on be added continually each and every month.

Buy a quantity of 12 of this add-on and then only need to purchase this once per year. Or perhaps a smaller quantity (i.e. 4) and see how much of this I actually use.

Yes that would work.

Do these minutes roll-over indefinitely? i.e. Could 1 purchase of this last me the entire year if I never used all 200 minutes?

Yes they stay in your account indefinitely until all used up.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@tfriesen 

The purchase of add-ons cannot be automated or scheduled. However you can buy them either through your self-serve account or by calling 611.

As mentioned, you can buy as many of those long distance add-ons as you want. The calling minutes will remain on your account until they are fully consumed. Keep in mind that Public Mobile is a prepaid service so generally speaking there are no refunds if you change your mind.

mimmo

@will13am  yeah it took me a little to understand especially when real life numbers are involved . My dad is in the $10 plan and I just buy 2 500 minute add-on in bulk evey 2-3 months. Depending on his usage..  never lost minutes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tfriesen wrote:

Is it possible to set up and purchase a recurring talk add-on? I would like to have the '200 min US and Canada Long Distance - $8.00' add-on be added continually each and every month.

Buy a quantity of 12 of this add-on and then only need to purchase this once per year. Or perhaps a smaller quantity (i.e. 4) and see how much of this I actually use. Do these minutes roll-over indefinitely? i.e. Could 1 purchase of this last me the entire year if I never used all 200 minutes?

No there's no recurring purchase method.

You can certainly stack up as many of the Canada add-ons you like. You buy one and your counter will say 200. Buy another and it'll say 400 etc.

Canada add-ons stay on your account until consumed. But like depositing excess real money into your account...that's an investment that doesn't pay out. In your case I might buy 2 and watch it get down to a few minutes then buy another 2.

@mimmo wrote:

@Triguy , @Triguy  as mentioned buying multiple addons is possible. It's just with the USA addons that it is not.

The math can however get confusing... I will use the 500 min Canada wide as an example.

Day one buy add-on shows 0 /500 minutes

Use 300 minutes shows 300/500 and purchase another addon

After the new purchase the system resets the counter so you will have 0/700 minutes.

The counter is really confusing but it does work.  I have done top ups a number of times and I have never lost any minutes in the transaction.  

mimmo

@Triguy , @Triguy  as mentioned buying multiple addons is possible. It's just with the USA addons that it is not.

The math can however get confusing... I will use the 500 min Canada wide as an example.

Day one buy add-on shows 0 /500 minutes

Use 300 minutes shows 300/500 and purchase another addon

After the new purchase the system resets the counter so you will have 0/700 minutes.

@Dunkman wrote:

@tfriesen 

There is no option for reoccuring talk add on.

However, as you stated, you can buy multiples of add ons for talk.  Unused portion will roll over to next month.  You could also consider the $15 add on for 400 minutes LD ($1 cheaper than 2x US 200 minutes add on)

400 International Long Distance minutes   $15

Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes   $8

+1.  I would add a cautionary note.  This service does not offer any refunds.  It's best not to hoard too much just in case future circumstances change.  

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you really need the long distance calls for Canada and US add ons to be monthly you should look at their $50 plan. It has unlimited calling across Canada. Also when in Canada you can call the US as much as you need. Why pay for an add on when a plan has it. Plus with that plan you get more data.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@tfriesen 

There is no option for reoccuring talk add on.

However, as you stated, you can buy multiples of add ons for talk.  Unused portion will roll over to next month.  You could also consider the $15 add on for 400 minutes LD ($1 cheaper than 2x US 200 minutes add on)

400 International Long Distance minutes   $15

Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes   $8

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Add-ons don't expire until they are used up.  I don't think you can purchase another add-on of the same until the previous one is depleted.

Need Help? Let's chat.