cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I receive calls from overseas?

hibari2011
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I am expecting a call from overseas (Outside of Canada & U.S) in the coming weeks and would like to know whether my current plan allows them to call me on this number. There was no option for international calls so I was wondering whether I would have to change to another mobile carrier to receive calls from overseas.

Thank you for the help!

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jb456 wrote:

Did I read something wrong?

@Jb456 no, not necessarily.  I think we interpreted the OP differently. Sorry for the confusion.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Jb456 

Op seems to be confused about what international call means as they are asking for the options of receiving the calls from international numbers.

I think the best way is to repeat couple of times that all the incoming calls are just incoming calls no matter from where they come.

This is the reason I'm not asking yet if somebody is trying to reach them and getting message that the number they are dialing is not on service, this was reported couple of times and even today. But I don't want to confuse them even more I want them to realise they are all incoming hence included so how come this person is not getting through (if that's the case, it was reported today with calls originating from USA)

I believe listing more options can last to more confusion

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@hibari2011  All current Public Mobile plans allow their customers to receive calls from anywhere in the world as part of their plan without any additional charges.

@srlawren  was showing him what is available to him.

He asked can he receive international calls from overseas. My response in first post was yes anywhere in world as long as you're in Canada.

He then mentioned he was looking for international call options..so that's why in my second post. I listed where a person can call from Canada internationally.

Did I read something wrong?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@hibari2011 

Please do not buy the add-on

All the incoming calls are included in your plan, no matter where they originate

smiley3
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hibari2011 wrote:

Hi, 

I am expecting a call from overseas (Outside of Canada & U.S) in the coming weeks and would like to know whether my current plan allows them to call me on this number. There was no option for international calls so I was wondering whether I would have to change to another mobile carrier to receive calls from overseas.

Thank you for the help!

Yes, you can receive calls from anywhere.  You need to add long distance if you want to make a call outside of Canada though!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jb456 wrote:

If you want to call different countries you have to buy an international calling add-on.

@Jb456 this is not what @hibari2011 was asking

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

If you want to call different countries you have to buy an international calling add-on.

International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuel

Two steps to buy a addon guide below

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/td-p/198974

Screenshot_20190906_234608.jpg

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Yes you can receive calls from anywhere in the world while you're in Canada

Need Help? Let's chat.