cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I put my account 'on hold' until I get back?

Zanzabar2020
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Im going to be outside of Canada for a couple of months. I'd prefer to not pay my phone bill while I am gone because I won't be using it at all. Can I 'suspend' my account while Im away? I don't want to lose my holiday promo and other discounts I've accumulated.

14 REPLIES 14

@pm-smayer97  Bless your heart....for saving me and your informative article from me! One day I will have that eureka moment when it all comes together for the perfect link. It'll be my hole in one! Maybe the same month I ace the bravo leaderboard....

@Zanzabar2020 wrote:

So the only thing I have to do to suspend the account is remove credit card information and autopay?

NO! IT may or may not be the right soltuions for you. Again, carefully read the information here:

When and How to Suspend or Place an account on Hold (Extended absence, etc)

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@Zanzabar2020 Just remove your credit card information and autopay and your plan will suspend next renewal. Only wrinkle is that you may have Additional funds in your account which will be used up. In this case, I recommend reporting your phone lost and found when you return.

As long as your account is not suspended for 90 days, your good. Don't leave it to the last minute tho.

NO!!! That MAY be ok for some but NOT FOR EVERYONE! This is incomplete information. I urge you to carefully read the following information:

@darlicious wrote:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/When-and-How-to-Suspend-or-Place-an-accoun... @Zanzabar2020  What current promos, rewards, gifts and/or credit is on your account? What plan are you on? When are you leaving? What is your renewal date? When do you plan to be back? There are a couple different ways to suspend your account depending on your situation. Read the above article and come back if you have more questions.

Or not...try putting the title in the search bar or @pm-smayer97  will rescue his article from my link destroying hands.

Here's the corrected link, coming to the rescue:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/When-and-How-to-Suspend-or-Place-an-accoun... @Zanzabar2020  What current promos, rewards, gifts and/or credit is on your account? What plan are you on? When are you leaving? What is your renewal date? When do you plan to be back? There are a couple different ways to suspend your account depending on your situation. Read the above article and come back if you have more questions.

Or not...try putting the title in the search bar or @pm-smayer97  will rescue his article from my link destroying hands.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@Zanzabar2020 Yes, and reactivate within 90 days.

...after suspension.

🙂

@Zanzabar2020 Yes, and reactivate within 90 days.

Zanzabar2020

So the only thing I have to do to suspend the account is remove credit card information and autopay?

Zanzabar2020

ok, thanks!

GreaseMonkey
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes you can upto 90 days. After 90 days your account will be suspended permanently. Make sure activate it before 90 days is up and you should be good to go.

Cheers!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zanzabar2020 wrote:

Im going to be outside of Canada for a couple of months. I'd prefer to not pay my phone bill while I am gone because I won't be using it at all. Can I 'suspend' my account while Im away? I don't want to lose my holiday promo and other discounts I've accumulated.

Conditions of some promos had stipulated that if the account goes into suspension that the promo would be lost.

This would be things like special promo plans or $10 per month credit or promo features.

The holiday gifts will stay. Available Funds will stay. Rewards will return after reactivation. Others have already given you the reactivation time frame.

Whether things do in fact get lost is a matter for the big maybe around these parts. 🙂

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Zanzabar2020 wrote:

As was mentioned earlier, you can do it up to 90 days without problemsSmiley Happy

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@Zanzabar2020 Just remove your credit card information and autopay and your plan will suspend next renewal. Only wrinkle is that you may have Additional funds in your account which will be used up. In this case, I recommend reporting your phone lost and found when you return.

As long as your account is not suspended for 90 days, your good. Don't leave it to the last minute tho.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yes, you can suspend, remember to active within 90 days to keep your phone number and account. If you have available balance in your account, you will not lost it.

Need Help? Let's chat.