cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Mayor / Maire

Re: Can I purchase and use any of the US Roaming Addons if my plan has no talk, no text and/or no da


@z10user4 wrote:

Well...y'coulda said that attempting to do so does not let you proceed.


I did... twice!  Smiley Happy

 

"It is not a valid plan, and you can't choose it."

 

"The system won't let you actually commit this choice"

 

 


@z10user4 wrote:

But...you told me so! Smiley Happy


Yeah I did!  Robot LOL


>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Mayor / Maire

Re: Can I purchase and use any of the US Roaming Addons if my plan has no talk, no text and/or no da


@srlawren wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

Well...y'coulda said that attempting to do so does not let you proceed.


I did... twice!  Smiley Happy

 

"It is not a valid plan, and you can't choose it."

 

"The system won't let you actually commit this choice"

 

 


@z10user4 wrote:

But...you told me so! Smiley Happy


Yeah I did!  Robot LOL


As he skulks away sheepishly muttering to himself...oh...yeah..you did. Smiley Happy

Mayor / Maire

Re: Can I purchase and use any of the US Roaming Addons if my plan has no talk, no text and/or no da

LOL, happy Friday, @z10user4Robot LOL


>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Can I purchase and use any of the US Roaming Addons if my plan has no talk, no text and/or no da


@srlawren wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

 

It is not a valid plan, and you can't choose it. 

I feel this odd compulsion to throw some money away to actually test this out. Y'know...stated functionality as opposed to reality on the ground and all that. CalgaryBen are you with me? Smiley Happy


@z10user4 @CalgaryBen by all means, please do test this out!  Let me know if I'm wrong.  It would neither be the first nor last time.  


Ah, there's something to be said about coming to the party late. Smiley Tongue

 

@z10user4 now you're thinking like a QA person!  Reminds me of the QA joke: QA Engineer walks into a bar. Orders a beer. Orders 0 beers. Orders 999999999 beers. Orders a lizard. Orders -1 beers. Orders a sfdeljknesv.  (And then a real paying customer walks into the bar, asks where the bathroom is, and the bar ignites into flames and burns down, killing all the patrons in it...)

Mayor / Maire

Re: Can I purchase and use any of the US Roaming Addons if my plan has no talk, no text and/or no da


@CalgaryBen wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

 

It is not a valid plan, and you can't choose it. 

I feel this odd compulsion to throw some money away to actually test this out. Y'know...stated functionality as opposed to reality on the ground and all that. CalgaryBen are you with me? Smiley Happy


@z10user4 @CalgaryBen by all means, please do test this out!  Let me know if I'm wrong.  It would neither be the first nor last time.  


Ah, there's something to be said about coming to the party late. Smiley Tongue

 

@z10user4 now you're thinking like a QA person!  Reminds me of the QA joke: QA Engineer walks into a bar. Orders a beer. Orders 0 beers. Orders 999999999 beers. Orders a lizard. Orders -1 beers. Orders a sfdeljknesv.  (And then a real paying customer walks into the bar, asks where the bathroom is, and the bar ignites into flames and burns down, killing all the patrons in it...)


LOL. Comedy gold.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Can I purchase and use any of the US Roaming Addons if my plan has no talk, no text and/or no da

@z10user4 @CalgaryBen

 

giphy


>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Can I purchase and use any of the US Roaming Addons if my plan has no talk, no text and/or no da

z10user4 thanks for the suggestion! This is my 2nd time to Maui it is is a great place. It will be nice to get away from the cold and see some sun.

 

I'll have to estimate the amount of calls, texts, MMS and data I may use with H20, and compare that to PM's offerings.

 

I already bought a PM SIM, so the decision may be already made for me.

 

Wow, a BB OS10 phone. Classic.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Can I purchase and use any of the US Roaming Addons if my plan has no talk, no text and/or no da


@Vandypants wrote:

z10user4 thanks for the suggestion! This is my 2nd time to Maui it is is a great place. It will be nice to get away from the cold and see some sun.

 

I'll have to estimate the amount of calls, texts, MMS and data I may use with H20, and compare that to PM's offerings.

 

I already bought a PM SIM, so the decision may be already made for me.

 

Wow, a BB OS10 phone. Classic.


 @Vandypants

Estimate shmestimate! Put the phone down and raise your eyes and enjoy.

You're in $10 for the SIM. Then the basic plan for $10. That's $20. $40 for unlimited talk/text and total of 1.25gb of data (or just one feature for $8). For 10 days (depending on how long you're there for). That totals $60 (or $28).

H2O. $11US for a SIM and some startup money in the pot. Then you consume that pot of money with your usage...be it calls or text or data/mms. Real, true, pay-as-you-go service. You get a local number. You walk away from it when you leave just like here. You won't want to carry around your phone when you're in the pool or ocean anyway. So how much are you *really* going to use it?

Even at a buck 40 that's about $15CDN.

Keep your SIM for when you're back home and come join the party here then.

 

My phone still does what I need it to do. Only a couple things are problematic and they aren't that important.