cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Can I purchase and use any of the US Roaming Addons if my plan has no talk, no text and/or no da

@stonechucker wrote:

I know I’ve read that you do not need a talk or sms plan to use any of the US talk, sms, or data roaming addons, but having no base plan is not a plan in Canada.

i have no idea if this is possible on a no selection base plan.  For security of service, the $10 50/50 is the same price as no plan, so pick the 50/50 as your base, then get the desired addon(s) for US Roaming.

Curious though that in the BYOP you can click on the 30 day choice, click No Talk, click No Text, click No Data and it gives a total of $10. Even curiouser...select 90 days and those things and it does NOT come out to $30. It's $25.

It seems to say that in the Change Plan area as well. But no I haven't tried it.

Re: Can I purchase and use any of the US Roaming Addons if my plan has no talk, no text and/or no da

@z10user4, yes, thé #10 and #25 are thé base amounts, of the base plans.  Voice, sms, and data each have their own values, and pick 2 or more options of talk, sms, or data give different discounts.

Back in the day, the 90-day plans were cost savings, over the 30*day options.

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you have no talk, no text and no data then would you even get a number? No number no roam?

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tav I believe he would get a number because before he actually choses his plan he will have to go through the activation process, which includes choosing a number.

GC

Mayor / Maire

@stonechucker wrote:

I know I’ve read that you do not need a talk or sms plan to use any of the US talk, sms, or data roaming addons, but having no base plan is not a plan in Canada.

@z10user4 wrote:

Curious though that in the BYOP you can click on the 30 day choice, click No Talk, click No Text, click No Data and it gives a total of $10. Even curiouser...select 90 days and those things and it does NOT come out to $30. It's $25.

It seems to say that in the Change Plan area as well. But no I haven't tried it. 

@stonechucker @z10user4 you cannot activate a new account with the base plan, nor can you switch your plan to it if you have an active account already.  It is not a valid plan, and you can't choose it.

@Tav wrote:

If you have no talk, no text and no data then would you even get a number? No number no roam?

@Tav you would have no number, however, you would not have an active account or line as you cannot proceed with the base plan without any services (see above)

-------------------------------------------

To summarize:

- The no talk, no text, no data "plan" is not a plan.  It's the base on which you must add at least one service in order to have a valid plan.  The system won't let you actually commit this choice

- The no talk, no text, no data "plan" for $10 is exactly the same cost as the $10/50/50 plan, so there's literally no reason to even try to choose it (not that the system would let you)

- Roaming services do not depend on you having the equivalent service in your plan.  In other words, if you have a data-only plan at home, you can still purchase a talk or text US roaming add-on; if you have a talk + text plan at home you could still choose US Roaming data with or without US roaming talk or text -- there is no dependency on specific domestic services

- HOWEVER, the only dependency is that that you do have to have an active account, with a valid plan--which the base plan is not.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@srlawren wrote:

It is not a valid plan, and you can't choose it. 

I feel this odd compulsion to throw some money away to actually test this out. Y'know...stated functionality as opposed to reality on the ground and all that. CalgaryBen are you with me? Smiley Happy

Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

I feel this odd compulsion to throw some money away to actually test this out. Y'know...stated functionality as opposed to reality on the ground and all that. CalgaryBen are you with me? Smiley Happy

@z10user4 @CalgaryBen by all means, please do test this out!  Let me know if I'm wrong.  It would neither be the first nor last time.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Mayor / Maire

@srlawren wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@z10user4 @CalgaryBen by all means, please do test this out!  Let me know if I'm wrong.  It would neither be the first nor last time.  

Well that was a waste of typing and effort to even think about.

No. Change Plan, choose the nothing options, can't even proceed with it. I had the Available Funds to do the $10 nothing plan but I'm not going to put in more to try the 90 day nothing plan. Maybe someone else with more Available Funds a day or so before the end of their term could try it. I renew on maintenance night so I decided to see what would happen.

Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 is now the appropriate time to cheekily say "I told you so!"?  If not, I can wait a little.  Smiley Wink

Mayor / Maire

@srlawren wrote:

@z10user4 is now the appropriate time to cheekily say "I told you so!"?  If not, I can wait a little.  Smiley Wink

lol

Well...y'coulda said that attempting to do so does not let you proceed.

But...you told me so! Smiley Happy