cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I move my Public Mobile plan to my second phone?

themindfulgirl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I have two phones. However, I'd like to have my second phone (to Public Mobile). Can I do that? Will the referrals and credits be passed to the second phone number?

I.e.

First phone - With Public Mobile

Second phone - other provider (but would like to have this phone take over the plan for Public Mobile where I get about $4 in referral credits a month)

Also, if it's possible, what do I have to do to make the switch?

4 REPLIES 4

@themindfulgirl, If you want to put your current SIM into your other phone, you can do that if the SIM is the same size, or you can use the adapters to get the right size (bigger or smaller).

If you're wishing to keep your PM number, and not your "other line" this above is all you need to do, other than calling your other provider to cancel the phone number.

If you wish your second phone number to be on your 'current PM plan', port the number in via Self-Serve (MY Account), and click change number on the right side.   This will cancel your 2nd line account, and you'll be billed accordingly.

If you wish a brand new Public Mobile account, you will either lose your current PM number or current PM plan as you can not keep both.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@themindfulgirl wrote:

Hello,

I have two phones. However, I'd like to have my second phone (to Public Mobile). Can I do that? Will the referrals and credits be passed to the second phone number?

I.e.

@themindfulgirl  When you say two phones do you mean two phone numbers?

First phone - With Public Mobile

Second phone - other provider (but would like to have this phone take over the plan for Public Mobile where I get about $4 in referral credits a month)

If you don't mind losing the current phone number that you have with Public Mobile you can just setup a phone port from the other provider.

Also, if it's possible, what do I have to do to make the switch?

If you are not willing to give up your first PM number then there is nothing else you can do that I can think of.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Um... could you port the number from your first line elsewhere.. .and then port your second number back in to the account that has the credits that you want to keep?

Easy hack?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@themindfulgirl Sorry, rewards are not transferable. Can you not just move your PM sim to your "second phone"? And activate a new line for your "first phone"?

Need Help? Let's chat.