cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I keep my phone when move to another province

sherryqqy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I keep my phone number when move to another province? Will it be any changes on payment?

5 REPLIES 5

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

depends on where you moving to.. it might be good or bad to get a new number from the new province.  PM charged you tax based on the province the number from.  So, a number in AB has the least tax.  

But of course, you need to think about those who calling you as well, they might be from a different province of your phone number and they might need to pay long distance just to call you.

Anyone calling You from many types of landlines or from cell phones that don’t have Canada wide calling will have to pay long distance to call you. But as long as you have a Canada wide plan here at PM you can call them without problem. You will continue paying the tax rate of the province your phone is registered in (your area code) unless you change numbers to one in your new province. This might be good or may be bad. If you move to a province with a lower tax rate but keep your old number, I think you can buy top up vouchers in that province ( to get the lower tax rate) and as long as you are still registered for Autopay you will continue to receive the $2 Autopay discount. 

AE_Collector

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@sherryqqy wrote:

Can I keep my phone number when move to another province? Will it be any changes on payment?

Just a fyi, long distance charges may incur for the person calling you from your new province.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sherryqqy : The only effect from this will be that the new people in the new area will be incurring long distance. They may of course have Canada-wide calling but others may not.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sherryqqy 

you can keep your phone number to any another province is it for Free

at public mobile Prepaid Service No fees extra charges,

Need Help? Let's chat.