Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I call/accept calls within province

a400ryan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Looking to join up in near future 

For example with $40 plan 

Living in MB 

Can someone define the calling included ?

Long distance 

Can I travel well out of city of Winnipeg MB and call to a local city number ?

7 REPLIES 7

@Dtack wrote:

Hi - I just thought I would let you know that I am a recent PM individual from MB.  I took the $25 plan and have called outside the City as well as other Provinces and everything is fine and there is no charge.  The reception has been amazing and I have nothing but good things to say about PM and the people who help from the Community!  Hope all runs well for you - and I do put 1 before anything that was long distance (but you don't get charged)

Think about it. The plan is prepaid and in reference to the $15 plan and maybe others they offer no extra fee things like going over your minutes for calling, calling LD or going over on your data. Data stops, outgoing minutes stop....that is where have a few add ons help. My Telus prepaid did extra charges for LD, texting, and EVERY minute of calling. So I had to keep a balance for those extras. PM is much better for the budget minded. 

Dtack
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi - I just thought I would let you know that I am a recent PM individual from MB.  I took the $25 plan and have called outside the City as well as other Provinces and everything is fine and there is no charge.  The reception has been amazing and I have nothing but good things to say about PM and the people who help from the Community!  Hope all runs well for you - and I do put 1 before anything that was long distance (but you don't get charged)

a400ryan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Awesome, good to know and thanks for quick reply 

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@a400ryan wrote:

Living in MB 

brrrrrr cold. 

Long distance 

All calls are Canada wide. No LD. But an LD call needs a 1. But is not charged. 

Yes. 

May I suggest the $15 plan IF you don’t need Data. 

Public Mobile suggested add-ons for $15 monthly plan.

Suggested add-ons to bullet proof the $15 plan. Both my wife and I are low users of our $15 mobile plans but the one time cost of $25 makes our plans as good as any. And of course, once set up, one will have to manage these add-ons to keep the “GOOD COMBINATION” in place and maintenance cost should be minimal.

The add-on combinations below do NOT expire until minutes are used up.

GOOD COMBINATION. More flexibility, less overall cost.

2 x $5 add-on (1 cent/min.) 500 Canada-wide Long Distance minutes

1 x $15 add-on (3.75 cent/min.) 400 International Long Distance minutes add-on this gives you full calling LD including USA, Canada and International for less cost per minute than using the $8 add-on. 

=======

$25

NOT SO GOOD COMBINATION.

2 x $5 add-on (1 cent/min.) 500 Canada-wide Long Distance minutes

1 x $8 add-on (4 cent/min.) 200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes**

1 x $15 (3.75 cent/min.) 400 International Long Distance minutes add-on.

=======

$33 Total                   **The lesser value of the group

Note the $5, $8, and $15 add-on would all kick in for Local/Canada Wide calls if your allotted minutes were all used up. This applies to the $15 monthly plan only.

The reason for 2 x $5 add-ons, assuming most of your calls are Canada Wide, is......once 1 x $5 is used up and you are now using the second $5 add-on ......buy another $5 add-on.

The $15 add-on is less cost per minute than the $8 add-on. The $15 add-on has INTERNATIONAL, USA and Canada  so, in a way, the $8 add-on is pointless to buy for USA only calls.

Note 1: The add ons above I have mentioned do NOT expire until all the minutes have been used.

The unused minutes roll over month to month until all exhausted.

In certain conditions DATA can be very helpful and now the 1GB Data that does not expire until used up, has been permanently reduced to $15 (originally $30)

Note 2:

Keep in mind the value of “Rewards that’ll lower your bill”.

Freebies that may be offered as in pre Christmas 2019 for 1GB of Data and 400 International Long Distance minutes.

They treat us very well.

Note 3:

Other ways to save money.

If you have the option to call an 800 number, those calls do NOT deduct from your allotted outbound minutes.

Use Wi-Fi  Zoom, FaceTime Video or Audio only, iMessage or a phone APP.

Use Wi-Fi based APP for outbound calls “if” it will allow you to use your PM number as the caller ID.

Google Hangouts apparently does. Cost is free.

Zoiper used with VoIP.ms does. Cost is your outbound VoIP.ms price per minute.

Forward your home or business calls to you PM phone number.

Copyright 2020

Anonymous
Not applicable

@a400ryan wrote:

Living in MB 

Long distance 

Canada-wide. No such thing as long distance in Canada with any talk plan from here.

Don't forget to use a referral code when you activate.

Edit: beat to it by the mighty will13am 🙂

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@a400ryan , the $40 plan you are considering includes Canada wide calling.  This means that as long as you have a connection to the Public Mobile network anywhere in Canada, you will be able to make calls to anywhere in Canada and receive all calls regardless where the call originates without incurring additional cost.

Need Help? Let's chat.