cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Keep My Plan if I Port Out My Old Number and Then Port In Another One?

Globalize
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I was wondering if I could port out my old (current) number then port in a new one while keeping the same plan? Asking because I am on the grandfathered $90/12GB plan and would like to give my plan to my mom as I will be going to the states soon. However, I would like to keep my old (current) number, so I will be porting that out. Is this possible? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@GlobalizeSorry, it is NO. 

Globalize
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hmm what about swapping numbers between two public mobile accounts? Would that be possible? 

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Globalize wrote:

Hi, I was wondering if I could port out my old (current) number then port in a new one while keeping the same plan? Asking because I am on the grandfathered $90/12GB plan and would like to give my plan to my mom as I will be going to the states soon. However, I would like to keep my old (current) number, so I will be porting that out. Is this possible? Thanks!

@GlobalizeIf you are going out to the States, why do you need to keep the current number?

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@Globalize Unfortunately that's not possible, as soon as your port your old number it will close your account.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Globalize wrote:

No.  As soon as your number is ported out, your $90/12GB plan will be canceled.

Need Help? Let's chat.