cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Current Public Mobile customers activate a new plan

babu62
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, 

Was wondering if I can activate a new plan with the Boxing Week Savings plan?

I have been with Public Mobile for the past 2 - 3 years? I couldn't really get a straight answer from the moderator ... So had to come here. 

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/boxingweek -> link to the promo plans

5 REPLIES 5

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @babu62 

I'm pretty sure you mean by retaining only just your existing account - correct?

If so, no.

As others have said, if you register ANOTHER e-mail address for the promo, and activate a second plan using that other e-mail by January 15, then yes.

escobart
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You can always purchase a new card and get new customer deals. But the thing is you will lose loyalty discount and get a new number. 

You should ask is it worth it?

By the way, as an another option you can use second sim until you consume all your data/minutes or expire date. Then you can throw sim card away and cancel the account.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

i guess you meant can we take advantage of the new promotion/plan..

not with exiting account

you will have to create new account.. but you can use yourself as the referral....

But, you can't  port your number from your old account to your new account

so, you will end up with 2 lines.. if this is what you want..  🙂

@babu62 

Yes, but then you will have two accounts/SIM cards/phone numbers.  Unfortunately, you can't port a PM number to another PM number.  If you are not stuck with your previous number, you can let the 1st account expire (if you don't need two numbers).  You will lose whatever loyalty, friend rewards also.  Some customers in the past have ported the 1st number to another company, then port back to 2nd account.  However, there are costs to that method, etc.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure how such a straight answer could be straighter...yes. But it's whole other new account with new everything.

Need Help? Let's chat.