cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can $50 plan use in California?

cheowk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have $50 plan, and planning to visit Califonia for a week during Christmas. Can my phone still be able to use it in the USA? 

8 REPLIES 8

brid0nca
If your billing date is around the 10th of December, just future date the $60 plan, a couple of days before then, and for the next month, future date back to the $50 plan. It is only $10, and you get a better plan for the month that also works in the US.

@Korth wrote:

@Lar

I thought that activating US Roaming Add-ons is a two step process... and that you can delay the second step until ready?

There's isn't any such thing as delaying an add-on  it would active immeditely upon purchase.  I suppose that first step could be done as you say, but I'm not sure that someone would use that method to only apply a top up.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@Lar

I thought that activating US Roaming Add-ons is a two step process... and that you can delay the second step until ready?

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

YES please remember NOT to buy the US roaming way ahead of time. The 10 day clock starts the day you buy it.  Cheers

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@cheowk wrote:

I have $50 plan, and planning to visit Califonia for a week during Christmas. Can my phone still be able to use it in the USA? 

If you're only going for a week, consider getting the 10 Day US Roaming Add-on...Talk/Text/Data for $20...(or Talk/Text $15). Remember that your 10 days start as soon as you buy the plan so think ahead.

cheowk

Thank you Kindly 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@cheowk wrote:

You'll need to buy one of the US roaming add-ons first in order to make calls or texts in Calfornia.  The $50 plan does not work for that but you could get the $60 plan which would work and also includes 2 GB data for use in the US.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@cheowk no,  you need the 60$ plan or a roaming add on

Need Help? Let's chat.