cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls within province are using Canada-Wide minutes instead of Province-Wide

lunaus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm in area code ###. I've noticed that my outgoing calls from #### to #### are using up my Canada-Wide minutes. Shouldn't this call be using Province-Wide minutes?

edit: numbers redacted

17 REPLIES 17

@Nezgar 

When I was visiting my parents in Antigonish Nova Scotia the cottage they rented while they were building their house had hardly any cell coverage. If and when I could pick up a telus signal when the wind blew the right way it would connect to a cell tower in PEI!

@Anonymous wrote:

@lunaus  - Any chance you are near a provincial border?  Your actual area code/number doesn't matter if you are in another province - or the network thinks you are in another province.

I'm wondering same... Your own phone number doesn't matter for outgoing calls, just where you are -- or more specifically which tower you're on. I could have an NL number, but if I'm physically in BC, my province wide calling would apply to BC. I'm also curious which province @lunaus is physically in right now, or close to a provincial border.... Regardless -- switch to the Canada-wide plan as other have mentioned. 😉

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@lunaus 

The above advice from @dabr is good ... login Self-Serve and "change plan at renewal" to the Canada-wide version of the $15 plan.

You may or may not get any sort of adjustment/replacement from the PM Mods for minutes you've already "used", but you can prevent this from ever being an issue again moving forward.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@lunaus wrote:

I've only been with PM for 2 months. It looks like all my calls to that number during this time have used my Canada-Wide minutes.

Anyway, I've sent a message to the moderators. Maybe they can give some insight. Thanks for taking the time to help.

@lunaus   In case you've missed the update from PM today, you may also want to schedule  a plan change (change on next renewal date option) to the new (previous) version of the $15 as Canada wide calling has been restored for all plans.  Here's the link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-Changes-to-Our-In-Market-Plans/t...

Of course, PM should still restore the missing minutes (or give account credit) for the loss of minutes that seemed to be deducted erroneously from your 500 mins add-on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lunaus  - Any chance you are near a provincial border?  Your actual area code/number doesn't matter if you are in another province - or the network thinks you are in another province.

Just a thought...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lunaus : not insight...FIX it. I'm sure they will but this has been a bit of a problem for customers since the new provincial plans came out. Very poor execution on their part.

lunaus

I've only been with PM for 2 months. It looks like all my calls to that number during this time have used my Canada-Wide minutes.

Anyway, I've sent a message to the moderators. Maybe they can give some insight. Thanks for taking the time to help.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@lunaus   Have you been able to call those numbers before without any being deducted from your 500 mins add-on? 

I know this latest version of the $15 plan maybe causing some unintended issues since PM made the change from it being Canada wide calling, so maybe moderators will be able to take a look at your account and see what's going on.  We don't have access to your account as everyone responding here is a fellow customer.

lunaus

I have the same numbers on the overview page:

100 Minutes Province-Wide Talk
2  /  100 MIN
500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance
55  /  500 MIN

The other number has been active for ~25 years.  No idea how long the prefix itself has been around.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@lunaus wrote:

This is what I see:

NameVoice Limit# of Minutes UsedRemaining MinutesStatus
100 Minutes Province-Wide Talk100298Active
500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance50055445Active

Those ~55 minutes used of Canada-Wide should have been Province-Wide.

@lunaus   It certainly looks like you have more than enough provincial mins available still.  You should contact moderators and ask them why local calls are using up your add-ons if you're still calling provincial numbers.

To submit a ticket to moderators via chatbot and follow prompts here:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Second option if unable to submit a ticket is to private message Moderator_Team here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@lunaus wrote:

I have the $15 plan which comes with 100 minutes of Province-Wide Talk and have also purchased the 500 minutes of Canada-Wide Long Distance add-on.  I have more than enough Province-Wide minutes left to cover the calls.

ooops too late.

Contact the moderators to fix this for you.

RosieR

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lunaus : The front page overview is better. If the 100 minutes aren't there then they've been used. But it looks like it would say 2 / 100. Is there any chance the other number is a newer-ish prefix?

lunaus

This is what I see:

NameVoice Limit# of Minutes UsedRemaining MinutesStatus
100 Minutes Province-Wide Talk100298Active
500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance50055445Active

Those ~55 minutes used of Canada-Wide should have been Province-Wide.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@lunaus wrote:

I have the $15 plan which comes with 100 minutes of Province-Wide Talk and have also purchased the 500 minutes of Canada-Wide Long Distance add-on.  I have more than enough Province-Wide minutes left to cover the calls.

@lunaus   A reminder that minutes get rounded up to nearest mins and retrieving voicemail messages will also use up your 100 mins and get rounded up to the nearest min, so it's fairly easy to use up those plan mins. 

Log into your account and halfway down the overview page if you don't see the line for your plan mins it means you've already used up your available mins.  But you have your back up mins (500) just for these instances.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lunaus : Then you'll need to contact the moderators. This plan and the provincial plans in general have had a really lousy roll-out. If you have a line in your overview showing 100 minutes then this should not take from the add-on.

lunaus

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lunaus : Which plan are you on? Maybe you've used up limited minutes.

Need Help? Let's chat.