cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls not going through....

kretzerarthur
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently paid my plan fees and selected the 45$/30 day plan which includes unlimited Canada wide talk and 6 go data. The data is working fine but anytime I try and place a call either local or long distance in Canada it tells me my plan is not set up for this and that I need to purchase a long distance plan. Very frustrating esp at the moment dealing with.  Death in the family. 

4 REPLIES 4

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@kretzerarthur wrote:

I recently paid my plan fees and selected the 45$/30 day plan which includes unlimited Canada wide talk and 6 go data. The data is working fine but anytime I try and place a call either local or long distance in Canada it tells me my plan is not set up for this and that I need to purchase a long distance plan. Very frustrating esp at the moment dealing with.  Death in the family. 

Hi, sorry about your lost.

Although not 100% the lost/stolen feature quite often fixes issues where everything should be working but isn't. Try this https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

If this is a new account where you attempted porting a number from another service  you may have a stuck port. In this you will unfortunately need to contact the MODs as suggested.

If you have time to let us know what corrects you issue it would be greatly appreciated.

@kretzerarthur

Sorry to hear about your loss.  

Moderator response time is about 3 days presently (hopefully, shorter now).  

As you wait, if you could provide more information, the community members might be able to help.  Did you just activate a new account, renewed same plan or switched plans?  In your self service account, which plan is presently active?  Are you able to receive text or sent text?

One trick that you can try is the lost/stolen option.  In your self service account, report your phone lost/stolen.  Logout.  Wait a few minutes.  Log back in and report your phone found.  Reboot your phone.  Sometimes this reset the sim card/plan and your plan starts to work.  No harm in doing this procedure.  It has help quite a few customers who have issues with their account.  

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Unfortunately the only people who can help you with this issue is the carrier. 

You can connect a moderator using this link. Make sure you provide your account number, pin, name, phone number and date of birth to provide verification.

In the mean time, you can download an app such as Fongo or Talkatone and make calls using your data. That should suffice as you wait for a response.

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sorry to read about your loss. 😞    You can try the usual-reinserting sim and power cycling phone, if not private message mod.

Need Help? Let's chat.