cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Calls from the USA

If someone calls me from the United States do I get charged?  Or, does it use up my US minutes I have purchased in my $8 add on of $400 available minutes to US?  Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Calls from the USA

When in Canada you can receive calls from anywhere that can make a call. No extra charges for anything around here.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

When in Canada you can receive calls from anywhere that can make a call. No extra charges for anything around here.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

No calls you recieve are free. The person wherever they are in world would pay the long distance.

If you have 400 minutes addon you can call while in Canada to the USA and your minutes will be used. Remember even if you call for 1 minute and 26 second's. It counts as 2 minutes

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@jadedetrey wrote:

If someone calls me from the United States do I get charged?  Or, does it use up my US minutes I have purchased in my $8 add on of $400 available minutes to US?  Thank you

If someone calls you they pay the long distance charges.  You will only be using up your US minutes when your making long distance calls to the US.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@jadedetrey  All incoming calls are included. The $8 add-on only gets used for outgoing calls to the US.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Missed this..are you sure you didn't buy 200 min add-on for $8? As the 400 min add-on is $15

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@jadedetrey wrote:

No.  Caller always pays the long distance charge.  As long as you have call minutes, you can receive any call from any part of the world.

When you call a US number while you are in Canada, you will be using the $8 200 US add-on minutes.  Add-on minutes have no expiry.  Any unused minutes will be roll over to the next 30 days cycle until they are used.

Highlighted

@Jb456 wrote:

If you have 400 minutes addon you can call while in Canada to the USA and your minutes will be used. Remember even if you call for 1 minute and 26 second's. It counts as 2 minutes

This depends on the plan. My plan would not use any of those 400 minutes for making such an outgoing call.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Receiving calls from anywhere in the world is now free, at least I'm sure with PM. Gone are those days where you're charged for both calling and receiving.

Oh boy, I'm always ignoring more than 80% of incoming calls for the fear of the charges. So glad those days are over