cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from the USA

jadedetrey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If someone calls me from the United States do I get charged?  Or, does it use up my US minutes I have purchased in my $8 add on of $400 available minutes to US?  Thank you

14 REPLIES 14

@jadedetrey wrote:

Oh wow.  Dang; I thought it was $8 for 400 international minutes. Oops.  I call the syates a lot. I will have to ask them to call me instead. Where and how would I go to view my international usage thus far? For this bill cycle? Thanks. 

@jadedetrey The $8 add-on is permanent until used up. To view it's usage login to your account and look under Data & add-ons. If you have minutes remaining you will see a line that looks like  "xx/200 minutes". If there is no line it has all been used.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

jadedetrey

Oh wow.  Dang; I thought it was $8 for 400 international minutes. Oops.  I call the syates a lot. I will have to ask them to call me instead. Where and how would I go to view my international usage thus far? For this bill cycle? Thanks. 

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

Let them call you from the states. They pay, you save!

You want them to call you? How? Send them a text, or email and let them fork out the money. You save again!

ccleemoff21

The calls yourecieve are free. Calling party pays the long distance

@sulagok wrote:

Receiving calls from anywhere in the world is now free, at least I'm sure with PM. Gone are those days where you're charged for both calling and receiving.

Oh boy, I'm always ignoring more than 80% of incoming calls for the fear of the charges. So glad those days are over

It has never made any difference where in the world the other person is calling you from - at any carrier.  The only thing that the receiving caller has ever been responsible for paying for is airtime, but that would be the same if the the person calling you was from another continent or if it was your next door neighbor calling.

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Receiving calls from anywhere in the world is now free, at least I'm sure with PM. Gone are those days where you're charged for both calling and receiving.

Oh boy, I'm always ignoring more than 80% of incoming calls for the fear of the charges. So glad those days are over

@Jb456 wrote:

If you have 400 minutes addon you can call while in Canada to the USA and your minutes will be used. Remember even if you call for 1 minute and 26 second's. It counts as 2 minutes

This depends on the plan. My plan would not use any of those 400 minutes for making such an outgoing call.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jadedetrey wrote:

If someone calls me from the United States do I get charged?  Or, does it use up my US minutes I have purchased in my $8 add on of $400 available minutes to US?  Thank you

No.  Caller always pays the long distance charge.  As long as you have call minutes, you can receive any call from any part of the world.

When you call a US number while you are in Canada, you will be using the $8 200 US add-on minutes.  Add-on minutes have no expiry.  Any unused minutes will be roll over to the next 30 days cycle until they are used.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Missed this..are you sure you didn't buy 200 min add-on for $8? As the 400 min add-on is $15

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jadedetrey  All incoming calls are included. The $8 add-on only gets used for outgoing calls to the US.

smiley3
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jadedetrey wrote:

If someone calls you they pay the long distance charges.  You will only be using up your US minutes when your making long distance calls to the US.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

No calls you recieve are free. The person wherever they are in world would pay the long distance.

If you have 400 minutes addon you can call while in Canada to the USA and your minutes will be used. Remember even if you call for 1 minute and 26 second's. It counts as 2 minutes

Anonymous
Not applicable

When in Canada you can receive calls from anywhere that can make a call. No extra charges for anything around here.

Need Help? Let's chat.