cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from india

Jasgrewal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

I am going to India for few months. I want to keep my phone number and still make and receive calls to/from canada.

Please suggest any addon available.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Jasgrewal wrote:

Hi, 

I am going to India for few months. I want to keep my phone number and still make and receive calls to/from canada.

Please suggest any addon available.

Thanks

If you don't want to use internet, you can tell everyone to call a text the new number you get when you're travelling but they'll have to pay for long distance to you call you. Texting might be cheaper.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When you get there inside airport, I am sure you can buy a monthly(or whatever) sim card, put in your phone and you get a local phone. 

amandapassmore
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You can not use these plans for calls in India. Your best bet would be to download a third party messaging service such as Facebook messenger or WhatsApp and call people via the app from your smart phone.

Would Fongo work? Over wifi and for back and forth calls to/from Canada only??

@Jasgrewal wrote:

Sorry, but Public Mobile willl not work outside of Canada and U.S. There aren't any add-ons avaialble. You'll have to keep in touch with people possibly with a combination of internet and a local SIM card from where you're travelling to.

Need Help? Let's chat.