cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls and Data Use Outside of Province

Anthonykhoi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

My home province is British Columbia, however I will be travelling to Alberta, Ontario, and Nova Scotia over the next few days. I have a "200 min US and Canada Long Distance" add-on for calls, however, will I be able to use my Data while in those provinces? My plan includes the following:

- 12GB Data
- Unlimited International Text
- Unlimited Provincial Talk

With the "200 min US and Canada Long Distance" add-on, while I am in those provinces, I will be able to make and receive calls within those provinces and to/from British Columbia?

I also do not see an option for Data Roaming outside of the U.S. roaming add-ons. Will my 12 GB Data plan work in those provinces?

Thank you,

Anthony

5 REPLIES 5

From the knowledge base 😉

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Plans-amp-Add-Ons/ta-p/250167?lightbox...

Note that there is also that line that appears under the table even if it's pretty hard to see it: "When in Canada and while you still have remaining plan minutes, you can receive calls from anywhere in the world, regardless of whether you have a Long Distance Add-On."

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anthonykhoi:

Data...yes.

Calling...yes. You can call locally in the province you're in. People in that province will need to dial LD. You will use the 200 add-on when you call back to BC.

I'm not certain whether it uses the 200 add-on when people in BC call you when you're not in BC.

wilts
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Data is Canada wide.  Data will not be an issue.

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you get yourself a free calling app like Fongo, you can use your data plan to make and receive phone calls.  If you forward your Public Mobile phone number to your Fongo number, you will also be able to recieve phone calls anywhere in Canada from anyone that calls either your Public Mobile number or your Fongo number.   You can also call numbers in most area of Canada with Fongo for free. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anthonykhoi data and texting work Canada-wide.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.