cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling the UK and France from the US

RogerI
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I know I can call the UK and France (from Canada) as part of the Long Distance add-on plan.

My question is can I call or text the UK and France from the US as part of the US 10 day roaming add-on. And if so, what is the cost?

I am assuming you can call Canada from the US using the US 10 day roaming add-on!

Thanks

PS Sorry if this information is already available, but I looked, and can't find it.

9 REPLIES 9

One of the prepaid service i know is ttag.ca that allows you to call many countries with reasonable rates. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RogerI you could work around it in a couple of possible ways:

1) Purchase some pre-paid long distance "calling cards" that feature a US or Canadian dial-in number and a reasonable $/min rate that you are comfortable with.  These should be available from convenience stores, gas stations, supermarkets, etc. in Canada or the US.  Probably cheaper to buy them in the US if you're only using them there.  The call to the card's access number will be covered by your US Roaming add-ons (assuming you have chosen talk or one of the bundles that includes it).

2) Use a data-based service for the outbound calls.  There are various options here, though most will require you to load a certain $ credits to call to Europe.  These may end up being more $ and/or more hassle than just picking up a calling card though.  Your mileage may vary.  Also note if you go this route, your calls to Europe will eat up some of your data roaming bucket and are not covered by the unlimited talk minutes, so keep that in mind.

Overall I'd probably recommend #1 for calls to Europe.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

RogerI
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks for the quick reply. Kinder what I assumed.

But good to know about the International texting from the US. That will help my situation.

Roger

Would be nice IF PM could One day enable it

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@imm1304

Haha! yes absolutely! 😛 😄

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

imm1304

Thanks for the quick clarification @Shazia_K

Happy to hear that my guess was right 😉  😄

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello guys, 

Here are some answers to your questions: 

1. If you have US text add-on (roaming), it is global text…so International is included.

2. U.S. Talk (roaming) is only Canada/U.S, not international.

3. The international long distance add-on is only a domestic package, features from domestic add-ons are not included while roaming. 

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

imm1304

Thats a great question @RogerI, my guess is that you will only have access to the long distance add-on while in Canada and connected to Public Mobile's own network.  

SMS, however, may be global.  Lets request @Shazia_K to give the official word as I wana know too.  🙂

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

I am not 100% sure, I'd assume yes, for Txt only, calling, I am not certain IF it's possible

Perhaps a PM Mod can clarify

Need Help? Let's chat.