cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling out

car23888
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am on the 15 dollar plan with 100 minutes but I bought the 5 dollar add on  for 500 minutes which is showing under my account details. However every time I try to dial out or check VM it says you dont have an active long distance and this call is not covered by your plan. I have tried repeatedly because I have heard the system is overloaded because of the covid situation.

Any help is appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@car23888, I had a similiar issue with this with my mom or dad's phone. I can't remember anymore because am old guy!

What I did was I created a new contact, called, 'Voicemail!' And enter that number in.

As a test, I called the contact, 'Voicemail' and there was no dial tone or ring. It went straight to voicemail, and I had to pick one to listen, two to....

Try that out.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@car23888 

When making an add on you first have to deposit funds into your account.

Then go to add on and add the minutes.

if you go to step 2 first without enough finds it will not work. 

Also check your self serve accout and check that thw minutes are there it would show up on the left column below rewards. 

hope you get this figured out, let us know how you make out. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@car23888 , check your self serve account.  If you see funds in the account, then you did not complete the add-on purchase process.  If completed, you will see the minutes in the add-on box in the overview tab.  

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@car23888 what's the make and model of your phone?  Thanks. Stay safe. 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@car23888 To add to previous advice, add +1 in front of the number you call.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@car23888 wrote:

I am on the 15 dollar plan with 100 minutes but I bought the 5 dollar add on  for 500 minutes which is showing under my account details. However every time I try to dial out or check VM it says you dont have an active long distance and this call is not covered by your plan. I have tried repeatedly because I have heard the system is overloaded because of the covid situation.

Any help is appreciated.

Buying an add on is a 2 step process. You have added the funds now go back in and buy it.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

Need Help? Let's chat.