cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling minutes

delilap04
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have 50 call minutes per month. Are those minutes just for me calling someone or do they include the minutes someone calls me?

15 REPLIES 15

CharlieR

I believe I am on the current plan, because I only signed up 3 mos ago.

@CharlieR it may also be possible youre on the older "version" of the $15 plan that did not include unlimited incoming calls, if you signed up in say, early 2019.

If so, you can schedule a plan change to the "current" $15 plan.

@CharlieR 

Its important to remember your calling minutes are billed per minute for any portion of a minute. So 1 min 56 sec and 1 min 2 sec are both tallied as 2 min calls.

Your usage history will read  as follows:

1. Incoming and outgoing calls that are answered are time stamped in your local time. For me thats pt so a 3 hr difference from et that public mobile is based on.
  2. Incoming and outgoing calls that are unanswered or go to voicemail are in et.
  3. Incoming and outgoing texts (SMS/MMS) are time stamped in et.
  4. Calls forwarded to your voicemail and you calling your voicemail will look similar but local   time (pt)s recorded in the time stamp so you can differentiate  between the two.
  5. Data is updated twice daily in 12 hour buckets usually around  12 am/pm.
  6. MMS will show as data (1) but does not count as data against your plan amount.

CharlieR

sorry, and thank you SO much!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CharlieR wrote:

Wait, I have to pay the extra $5 every month?

No. Two replies said buy once. I agree that one reply was a little unclear. They've been here a while though so they know the drill. Just didn't type clearly.

CharlieR

Wait, I have to pay the extra $5 every month?

CharlieR

I got a 53 minute incoming call after I was down to 10 minutes, and I think that is what actually took the last of the minutes. 

@CharlieR wrote:

If I were to purchase this $5 add on, for an additional 500 minutes, is that a one time thing and they roll over every month until I use them up, or do I have to continue to pay an additional $5 mo until they are used up??

@CharlieR 

The unused minutes will roll over to next month.  One time add on and charge.  An excellent value for the $15 plan.  

Checking your voicemail will use up your minutes.  The add-on needs to be purchased each time and the minutes rollover to the next month until they are used up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CharlieR wrote:

So, I have the $15 plan, and it says unlimited incoming calls, so I expected that to mean that incoming calls don't count towards my 100 minutes per month.  Yet, I used 90 minutes, got a notification I had 10 minutes left and nothing.  I can't call out.  Yet, I see that some texts are being billed as minutes for some unknown reason.  Have they used up the last of my minutes by attributing texts as minutes???

Perhaps your last call coincided with the 10 minutes remaining text warning and you ran it out anyway.

That details page is messy to interpret. I wouldn't rely on it too much. I highly doubt they consumed your last minutes by text. Exceedingly unlikely.

Edit: Canadian add-ons are buy once - consume over time.

CharlieR

If I were to purchase this $5 add on, for an additional 500 minutes, is that a one time thing and they roll over every month until I use them up, or do I have to continue to pay an additional $5 mo until they are used up??

CharlieR

So, I have the $15 plan, and it says unlimited incoming calls, so I expected that to mean that incoming calls don't count towards my 100 minutes per month.  Yet, I used 90 minutes, got a notification I had 10 minutes left and nothing.  I can't call out.  Yet, I see that some texts are being billed as minutes for some unknown reason.  Have they used up the last of my minutes by attributing texts as minutes???

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@delilap04 wrote:

I have 50 call minutes per month. Are those minutes just for me calling someone or do they include the minutes someone calls me?

@delilap04...if you regularly find yourself low on minutes, consider getting the $5 / 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on. You'll pay $5 (on top of your regular plan cost) and get an additinal 500 minutes of calling for when your regular plan uses all its time. Any unused minutes will just keep rolling over until you've used them up...even if it takes several months or longer. It's a great augment for a limited time plan such as yours.

Alternative is to consider upgrading to $15 (for 100 Canada wide calling minutes) or $25 plan (unlimited Canada wide minutes).

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@delilap04 wrote:

@delilap04  You are on the $10 plan. Keep in mind it is no longer available so if you change it you cannot get it back. How much calling do you use or recieve? A better option may be to purchase the $5/500 min data add on. The unused minutes will roll over each month til they are used up. Why not try that and see where you end up after 30 days. If you don't use data or text a whole lot this can be a better option offering more value and allowing you to keep the $10 plan.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@delilap04 wrote:

If you are on the 50-minute plan that is for incoming and outgoing calls. If you go to the $15 plan you get 100 outgoing minutes and unlimited incoming calls

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.