cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling from US to Canada

itayse10
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

Any add-on plan that supports calling from the US to Canada?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Wafik
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just to piggyback @wetcoaster and @xCameron94x, you can also use Facebook Messenger to make calls over Data.  Quality is good and basically everyone has facebook, you just need the US Roaming add-on, or even more ideally, just use your hotel wifi.  This is how I called my wife while in NYC recently.

Im with @wetcoaster, you can buy a data add on, and use google hangouts to make phone calls, calls in Canada & US are free. 

It is true that you cannot stack US roaming add ons, but you can stack the add ons for the various data amounts (1 of each)

@wetcoaster wrote:

@passiveegg wrote:

Hi there, from what i know (correct me if im wrong) LONG DISTANCE

$8 for 200 mins and $15 for 400 mins (includes international). Any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle.

Best of luck

@passiveegg

those long distance add-ons are used when you call FROM Canada to destinations outside your home province or in the US.

@itayse10

Depending on how long you are going and how much you are calling to Canada, you can buy one of the US roaming add-ons.  I personally would buy a US roaming data-on (or use WiFi or opt for a local data option) and use a VOIP app like Fongo etc.

If you go the roaming add-on route, just a reminder that your 10 days start immideately on activation and the day you activate on is day one of your term. Also, US roaming add-ons can not be stacked, if you want to buy the exact same add-on again you can only do so on day 11, after the first one has expired.

And, buying an add-on is a two step process. First step adds funds to your account, then you have to choose the add-on again in order to activate it.

@passiveegg wrote:

$8 for 200 mins and $15 for 400 mins (includes international). Any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle.

Best of luck

@passiveegg

those long distance add-ons are used when you call FROM Canada to destinations outside your home province or in the US.

@itayse10

Depending on how long you are going and how much you are calling to Canada, you can buy one of the US roaming add-ons.  I personally would buy a US roaming data-on (or use WiFi or opt for a local data option) and use a VOIP app like Fongo etc.

henrik
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Calling from US to Canada is considred US Roaming.

The US Roaming section of the plan ADD-ON plans shows you all available options you can purchase.

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

Hope this helps.

Thanks

itayse10
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for you reply,

What I've seen in an older post is that the US-Canada calls are only valid when calling from Canada to the US. I'm checking if anything has changed regarding this (and you can also call from US to Canada)

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Best of luck

Need Help? Let's chat.