cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling from China

smdannie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, if I have the 400min international bonus addon can I make calls from inside China?

thanks

13 REPLIES 13

marimacas
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Public Mobile does not include China in its international roaming plans.
Many internet-based services are restricted including SNS and Talk/Chat Apps in China.
I think you can purchase a China data sim from Amazon, and you can connect Talk/Chat Apps over VPN; however I'm not sure how safe the sim is.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@smdannie great question.  Unfortunately the add-on minutes only applies from when you're in Canada calling outbound.  PM does not offer roaming add-ons outside of North America, you'll need to either use calling cards from when you're in China, or set up a phone plan with the local company out there.

@gblackma wrote:

lol. @will13am  this is only for pixel phones. Would it work on an another Android or iPhone? Thanks.

@will13am wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

@will13am how does Google dialer recognise a call as spam?  Do you have to designate the  number as spam? Or is there a list? Thanks .

You will have to ask Google that question.  

Most phones I run are rooted or operate on AOSP or variant with google dialer baked in.  If you are running a carrier device or device with heavily modded OS that comes with an alternate dialer then it will be tough.  You need to install google dialer framework in order to have the google dialer work.  The google dialer framework can be installed via magisk module.  I know of no easy way out.  There may be a hacked edition out there similar to gcam.  Google is your friend. 

lol. @will13am  this is only for pixel phones. Would it work on an another Android or iPhone? Thanks.

@will13am wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

@will13am how does Google dialer recognise a call as spam?  Do you have to designate the  number as spam? Or is there a list? Thanks .

@gblackma wrote:

@Joelkim wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Joelkim wrote:

Hello.

I don't have the CA-US plan, but I'm still receiving multiple of calls from the US. I want to stop the calls from there.  Is this possible without the CA-US plan?

All plans can receive calls from anywhere while in Canada. Maybe use the block feature of your phone.

I think it could be possible but I'm lazy to block all the numbers XD.

Thank you for your suggestion. 

I use Google dialer and it uses AI to warn and block spam calls.  It's a single setting.  Call it creative laziness.   Smiley Happy

Joelkim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Anonymous wrote:

@Joelkim wrote:

Hello.

I don't have the CA-US plan, but I'm still receiving multiple of calls from the US. I want to stop the calls from there.  Is this possible without the CA-US plan?

All plans can receive calls from anywhere while in Canada. Maybe use the block feature of your phone.

I think it could be possible but I'm lazy to block all the numbers XD.

Thank you for your suggestion. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Joelkim wrote:

Hello.

Joelkim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@smdannie wrote:

Hi, if I have the 400min international bonus addon can I make calls from inside China?

thanks

Public Mobile has no plans or add-ons that permit calling while outside of Canada or USA. To call Canada from China, you can get a calling card in China. If you're going to be in wifi areas, consider getting a free app like TextNow that will allow free calling and texting as long as you have a wifi signal.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@smdannie  The International 400 minute add-on can only be used within Canada. Public Mobile does not offer roaming add-ons to China or any other country except for the US.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

No. You can only call from Canada.

International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

Public mobile will not work in China. In fact at this time you can only roam in USA by purchasing a USA roaming add-on. Your U.S. coverage will include all 50 states, plus Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands

Need Help? Let's chat.