cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling and data not working - only texting

Sandy234
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Update: issue is fixed.

Switched phones from Huawei P10 Plus to One Plus 3T. Started by switching the SIM card to the other phone. Troubleshooted the issue with no luck. Bought new SIM card and switched it in my account. Same issues. Messaging with moderators is taking days. I need phone service.

8 REPLIES 8

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Sandy234  Did you have sure the new phone is compatible with PM? Is it a new or used phone? Try doing a network reset. If it's still not working then there is a hardware issue with your new device.

@Jb456 wrote:

Well OP is not online anymore and never responded. So maybe something helped with the issue🤔 or maybe they'll be back 

Yeah, I wonder how many of the people that have issues, and post here, get the problem(s) resolved or they simply post, and think that it'll be a long time before they'll get an answer, so they post and leave..... 🤔 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Can you please do what @Jb456 suggested and put the SIM card in your old phone so we know whether it is a problem with the SIM card or your new phone.

@Jb456 it's just that in my 2,  2 SIM slot phones, it was recommended that if using 1 SIM, place it in the first slot. 

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Sandy234 , go to your settings on your phone and check SIM & Network. Here you can select the correct Sim to make sure it's correct. If it's in Tray 2 (Sim 2), maybe switch it to Tray 1 (Sim 1)
Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 6.04.08 PM.png

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Sandy234, make sure as per @gblackma mentioned, when switching the Sim cards in Sim card tray 1 and 2, make sure you can manually change the Card sim on your phone.

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 6.02.18 PM.png

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Sandy234 Try this step by step:

1) Restart your phone. Turn the phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart;
2) Put your phone on Plane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart;
3) From your self-service account enable the lost/stolen feature log out, wait 5 mins, log in, and take it off. Log out and restart your phone;
4) Add a manual payment to your account to fully cover your plan + $1 extra and restart your phone.

If nothing helped, better to wait for moderator's response through private message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Sandy234  is your SIM in slot 1 or slot 2 of the tray? Place it in slot 1. Also, try switching your network to 3g see if you can call now. See article  https://www.helpforsmartphone.com/public/en/oneplus/3/android-6-0/guides/24/Switch-between-3G-4G-One...

Need Help? Let's chat.