cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Calling an international phone number

@reveh2109 wrote:

Why can't I call to Holland with the long distance add-on. It's rediculous that I can call to UK, Germany, Italy, other countries, but not to Holland. This way my add-on is worthless. Can't PM update this list? Or add a different add-on for the other countries (with a different price), but at least open the possibility to call to other countries than only these 18? 

If you have data, Skype, Allo, Google Voice, Hnagouts  and their ilk are your best friend

Oracle

@horemansus wrote:

@reveh2109 wrote:

Why can't I call to Holland with the long distance add-on. It's rediculous that I can call to UK, Germany, Italy, other countries, but not to Holland. This way my add-on is worthless. Can't PM update this list? Or add a different add-on for the other countries (with a different price), but at least open the possibility to call to other countries than only these 18? 

If you have data, Skype, Allo, Google Voice, Hnagouts  and their ilk are your best friend

You are replying to a year old comment lol

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is it still the same 18 countries? Can you recieve calls from these countries and make calls to them? You can only call/recieve from Canada right? Can you call both landline and mobile in these countries?

Mayor / Maire

@Jasok There are currently 20 countries (Including Canada)

Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

Receiving calls has nothing to do with LD plan or add-on.  You can receive calls from anywhere.

Making call works from anywhere in Canada (even if you are on a provincial plan).

As far as I can tell from the KB article, any number in these countries should be supported.

Mayor / Maire

@Jasok wrote:

Is it still the same 18 countries? Can you recieve calls from these countries and make calls to them? You can only call/recieve from Canada right? Can you call both landline and mobile in these countries?

As long as you are in Canada you can receive calls from anywhere in the world. The Canada/US/ (International) minutes add-ons work only for calls FROM Canada. Still the same 18 countries and any phone number as far as I'm aware of. (with the exeption of the excluded area codes in the US.)

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Lachlan_M wrote:

Refer to the list of countries below to which Overseas Long Distance calling is supported.

If there is an issue with calling an International number, ensure the following:

1. Correct dialing pattern (exit code + country code + area code + phone number) is used

2. Overseas Long Distance minutes are remaining on your subscription

3. Overseas Long Distance includes calling Canadian and US long distance numbers

Public-International-Long-Distance-Countries-Eng.jpg

Hoping to see Costa Rica added to this list soon. A lot of Canadians either live there or have rental properties in Costa Rica. Would be great to be able to call from my PM cell! 

If I want to call Pakistan my country, which is not included in list of 18 countries then what is the procedure.

Mayor / Maire

@Sajidbaloch wrote:

If I want to call Pakistan my country, which is not included in list of 18 countries then what is the procedure.

Buy one of those calling cards you can find in convenience stores.

You can use voice over internet protocol (voip) apps too if you have wifi or cell data.

Throw a bunch of quarters into a pay phone Smiley Happy

Edit: There is no "procedure" here at Public Mobile. Just other options.

Kindly Add PAKISTAN in list of international call countries as India our neighbor is included in it. plz plz.