cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling an international phone number

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Refer to the list of countries below to which Overseas Long Distance calling is supported.

If there is an issue with calling an International number, ensure the following:

1. Correct dialing pattern (exit code + country code + area code + phone number) is used

2. Overseas Long Distance minutes are remaining on your subscription

3. Overseas Long Distance includes calling Canadian and US long distance numbers

Public-International-Long-Distance-Countries-Eng.jpg

66 REPLIES 66

@monicadaponte 

exit code is the number you press to tell it is a long distance call.  "Exit" out of North America

In Canada, when you want to make the LD calls, exit code is 011

Where you try to call?

monicadaponte
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What is the exit code?

@beardeddragon honest, I doubt PM will change the country list.  Use calling cards to call for now.

beardeddragon

Could you please add Ukraine? I would appreciate it so much! 

@samruiz123    Unfortunately, PM is unlikely to update their LD international list to include Nicaragua anytime soon.  Remember those free mins can also be used to call anywhere in Canada or the US.

BTW you can try calling the number in Nicaragua and see if the call actually goes through although very unlikely, however, since there's no overages that get charged at PM, the worst that can happen is that the call will not connect.

samruiz123

Can you add Nicaragua to the list please. I have those free minutes overseas but I cannot make use of the because Nicarafua is not on the list. Thank you!

BrentP
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It would be fantastic if you could get to choose one country not on the list to get the long distance deal,  if the list doesn't grow. Of course the list of countries growing would be the best. 

@sam__79 wrote:

It says it includes the United Kingdom, but not all of Europe. I think  France and Italy as well. 

Ireland isn't part of the United Kingdom. Calling to Northern Ireland would be included.

@sam__79 wrote:

I enabled the holiday bonus international calling add on. I’ve been trying to call my friend in Ireland and when I dial public mobile plays a message that I don’t have that service. 

Sorry, but calling to Ireland is not included.

sam__79

It says it includes the United Kingdom, but not all of Europe. I think  France and Italy as well. 

sam__79

I enabled the holiday bonus international calling add on. I’ve been trying to call my friend in Ireland and when I dial public mobile plays a message that I don’t have that service. 

april26

The only option is to move your home to another country. 🙂

@AJ4 wrote:

It is not clear on the add on site that you are only able to call certain countries. I bought this add on recently to call Australia and now have found out it doesn't even list Australia! Are they offering refunds for this issue as it is really not clear. 

The actual policy is no refunds. As to whether they will do it, you would have to ask Moderator_Team.

AJ4

It is not clear on the add on site that you are only able to call certain countries. I bought this add on recently to call Australia and now have found out it doesn't even list Australia! Are they offering refunds for this issue as it is really not clear. 

@haiderkhero wrote:

Is the a way to call PAKISTAN ??

Public Mobile does not provide this option.  You'll have to use another company's service to call this destination.  I'd suggest finding a low-cost calling card like z10user4 suggested. There are also online "calling card" companies.  You pay a set amount of funds and they'll have a per minute rate for most countries.  Instant messaging or VoIP apps may also be used to help reduce costs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@haiderkhero wrote:

Go to just about any convenience store and pick up one of those international minutes calling cards. You dial a toll free #, enter a code, dial the destination #, talk.

Public Mobile has no other way to call there.

ClaudeR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

haiderkhero

april26

I was replying to the guy who wants to call China. I am irritated that I was fooled by by Public Mobile with their wording "international". I also can't phone or SMS home, and that is horrible when one is travelling. Almost all bank accounts need to get PIN numbers. I ended up living without money because I couldn't contact my bank - without pins I could not prove I was me.

I am still having a problem with public mobile ITSELF, because they are now sending PINS to my Canadian phone now I am in South Africa and I can't receive them.

Yes, it's a stereotype. So are jokes about Scots being mean (the ones I have met aren't), Germans being organised (ok, mostly they are), British being polite (mmm). Don't be too sensitive about it - it's just the way, in general, that the USA thinks about it's place in the world. Don't take my word for it, just ask Google.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+the+USA+sees+the+world&tbm=isch&source=univ&client=firefox-b-d&s...

When the rest of the world refers to "America", we include the whole of North America and South America, and not just the United States of America, which is a country. South and North Dakota are states, not countries, so no, I wouldn't call that international.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@april26 wrote:

Hi there,

These are Americans, when they say "international" what they mean is America. I'm not sure they realise the rest of the world exists!

1. Who are replying to?

2. Who are you referring to?

3. I hardly think they would think international would mean inside the US. Oh hey would it be an international call to call South Dakota from North Dakota?

4. They are generally thought of as pretty insular. But those are stereotypes.

colinwang

i just creat a new account today。 i want to callinng an Chinese phone number  how should i do

april26

Please consider adding South Africa to this list. It's a popular destination.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good questions and it's not as easy as it sounds. All we can do, as mods, is forward your comments along to our back-end team @

Rmparker

Regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Rmparker

How do we get thing added to the international calling list? I would love to see Costa Rica added to this list. Myself and many other Canadians have homes there or expat communities could benefit from this for sure. How do we request or vote on such additions?

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

thanks for your feedback, I'll forward your comments along @Sajidbaloch

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sajidbaloch wrote:

Kindly Add PAKISTAN in list of international call countries as India our neighbor is included in it. plz plz.

@Alan_K? @CS_Agent?

Sajidbaloch

Kindly Add PAKISTAN in list of international call countries as India our neighbor is included in it. plz plz.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sajidbaloch wrote:

If I want to call Pakistan my country, which is not included in list of 18 countries then what is the procedure.

Buy one of those calling cards you can find in convenience stores.

You can use voice over internet protocol (voip) apps too if you have wifi or cell data.

Throw a bunch of quarters into a pay phone 🙂

Edit: There is no "procedure" here at Public Mobile. Just other options.

Sajidbaloch

If I want to call Pakistan my country, which is not included in list of 18 countries then what is the procedure.

Need Help? Let's chat.