cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling an international phone number

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Refer to the list of countries below to which Overseas Long Distance calling is supported.

If there is an issue with calling an International number, ensure the following:

1. Correct dialing pattern (exit code + country code + area code + phone number) is used

2. Overseas Long Distance minutes are remaining on your subscription

3. Overseas Long Distance includes calling Canadian and US long distance numbers

Public-International-Long-Distance-Countries-Eng.jpg

66 REPLIES 66

Rmparker
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hoping to see Costa Rica added to this list soon. A lot of Canadians either live there or have rental properties in Costa Rica. Would be great to be able to call from my PM cell! 

Koffi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Lachlan_M wrote:

Refer to the list of countries below to which Overseas Long Distance calling is supported.

If there is an issue with calling an International number, ensure the following:

1. Correct dialing pattern (exit code + country code + area code + phone number) is used

2. Overseas Long Distance minutes are remaining on your subscription

3. Overseas Long Distance includes calling Canadian and US long distance numbers

Public-International-Long-Distance-Countries-Eng.jpg

@Jasok wrote:

Is it still the same 18 countries? Can you recieve calls from these countries and make calls to them? You can only call/recieve from Canada right? Can you call both landline and mobile in these countries?

As long as you are in Canada you can receive calls from anywhere in the world. The Canada/US/ (International) minutes add-ons work only for calls FROM Canada. Still the same 18 countries and any phone number as far as I'm aware of. (with the exeption of the excluded area codes in the US.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jasok There are currently 20 countries (Including Canada)

Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

Receiving calls has nothing to do with LD plan or add-on.  You can receive calls from anywhere.

Making call works from anywhere in Canada (even if you are on a provincial plan).

As far as I can tell from the KB article, any number in these countries should be supported.

Jasok

Is it still the same 18 countries? Can you recieve calls from these countries and make calls to them? You can only call/recieve from Canada right? Can you call both landline and mobile in these countries?

@horemansus wrote:

@reveh2109 wrote:

Why can't I call to Holland with the long distance add-on. It's rediculous that I can call to UK, Germany, Italy, other countries, but not to Holland. This way my add-on is worthless. Can't PM update this list? Or add a different add-on for the other countries (with a different price), but at least open the possibility to call to other countries than only these 18? 

If you have data, Skype, Allo, Google Voice, Hnagouts  and their ilk are your best friend

You are replying to a year old comment lol

horemansus
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@reveh2109 wrote:

Why can't I call to Holland with the long distance add-on. It's rediculous that I can call to UK, Germany, Italy, other countries, but not to Holland. This way my add-on is worthless. Can't PM update this list? Or add a different add-on for the other countries (with a different price), but at least open the possibility to call to other countries than only these 18? 

If you have data, Skype, Allo, Google Voice, Hnagouts  and their ilk are your best friend

reveh2109

CECH

With the $15 add-on would I get 400 mins to Venezuela, for example, independently on whether I call a landline or mobile number?

vivianch
Are all numbers in the UK included in the international long distance plan? Mobile phones included? Usually, even with phone cards, UK mobile phones are charged a higher rate.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @kutzki,

I did, and now you can check yours! 🙂

kutzki
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Martin Check your PM. 🙂

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @kutzki,

Assuming that your question wasn't rhetorical, the "why" is that the current long-distance Add-on doesn't include Israel. Consequently, if you wish to stay in touch with your friends in Israel, a means to do so must be found, and that means no doubt can be found in an Israeli newspaper.

Cheers.

kutzki

@Martin my friend! HI.... and thanks for your response. 🙂 Why pay for those when I already have the long distance add-on (400 minutes) with which I only use about 150 minutes a month... (YES I know I should downgrade but I like it in case I ever have a lot of talking to do in one month... plus I don't pay that much... I got lots of rewards. :D)

All the best,

Kutzki

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi again @kutzki,

In addition to the above, if you understand Ivrit, there are many more papers with advertisements.

Cheers.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi @kutzki,

If you were to check the Jerusalem Post, which is Israel's largest English-language newspaper, there are countless advertisements, directed at North Americans, who wish to call Israel at discounted rates.

Good luck!

kutzki

@7789849803 I'm gonna do it anyways even though you're probably right. Hopefully they're willing to go the extra mile to help out some people.

@kutzki You're welcome to publish this as an idea in the Public Lab section of the community, so others can vote on it. Though as far as I know there's not a very good precendence of PM actually implementing the ideas in the Public Lab.

kutzki

Is it possible to add Israel to this list? I'd like to keep in touch with my friends. 🙂

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hello,

I regret that the calling and texting lists are relatively quite limited.

If you are a Public Mobile customer, I hope that you will not transfer to another carrier due to the above.

jasonmey

In response to this - I did hear back from a direct message and the list is correct for calling and texting. Very dissapointing that this service is so limited. Thanks for the feedback all.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

On October 4, I replied to your other post, in which I stated that @Mansi_G should be contacted for the list of countries to which a text can be sent. I added that, since my downloading of the list, it's possible that Telus had signed agreements with one or more Ethiopian carriers. Send her a private message by clicking her name.

jasonmey
Thanks, however the list says long distance vs texting.

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

jasonmey

Where is the list you are referring to? Perhaps it has changed since PM has started offering international text again? Would be great if PM would provide an answer to this conclusively. 

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Ethiopia is on neither the texting nor long-distance list, unfortunately.

FYI.

jasonmey

Does this list apply to international texting as well?

Currently, only 18 Countries are in the International Call list

China, Italy, Puerto Rico, France, South Korea, Singapore, HK, Germany, Spain, Malaysia, Greece, Mexico, Thailand, Poland, UK, India, Portugal, Venezuela

International Calling Costs $15 for 400 Mins that NEVER expire

Maria

How much is the international package? what countries are included?

Need Help? Let's chat.