cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call to my voicemail deduct from my plan outgoing minutes?

GGPlayer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm new to PM and just signed a $15/month plan with PM. I called to my own number to access voice mail. Are these minutes counted as my outgoing minutes offered in my monthly plan? My understanding is that it should not. Correct?

But I just checked my account from PM website. It looks like these minutes are counted too. 

7 REPLIES 7

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@GGPlayer wrote:

I'm new to PM and just signed a $15/month plan with PM. I called to my own number to access voice mail. Are these minutes counted as my outgoing minutes offered in my monthly plan? My understanding is that it should not. Correct?

No, not correct. All carriers bill this as airtime used.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire
Edit: Did not see the OP's post re: Hangout Dialer but will leave it for other people.

To avoid using outgoing minutes on a limited calling plan, if you have access to WiFi download Hangouts dialer on your phone.

1. Call the PM voicemail number (your area code)+580-4001.
  2. Select the appropriate language 1 for English etc
  3. Enter your phone number as the mailbox number
  4. Enter * when you hear your greedting
  5. Enter your VM password
  6. Retrieve your messages.Smiley Happy

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

If you call in you are using minutes

If you don't answer your call and call gets forwarded to the voicemail it will not use your minutes

All other forwarding should use your minutes

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@GGPlayer yes unfortunately calling your voicemail is technically calling a phone number.  Even though it is your own number you're calling.  When you hold dial pad #1 it'll make the outgoing call directly to your number which means it hits the cell tower to officially make the call which uses up you minutes.  Hopefully you don;t get too many voicemail messages on regular basis.  

GGPlayer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone is dual simcard phone so I have one PM $15 phone plan and one Fido $15 data plan. I just tried to use Google Hangout Dailer to call my own number. Hangout connected with my PM number and made my phone rang. That's not good to use.

But I think I figure out another way. I just called to 6475804001 from Hangout Dailer. It worked without problem. 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@GGPlayer  if you have access to another phone just call your number and press # when the greeting starts and it will ask for your pin number that you put the first time you accessed your voicemail and then you can check your messages without using your plan minutes 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@GGPlayer wrote:

But I just checked my account from PM website. It looks like these minutes are counted too. 

Yes they do count towards your outgoing minutes

15.JPG

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.