cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call or text not working (was working fine earlier today)

xchoo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi! So I activate my sim card yesterday (am on the $15 plan, auto-pay), and it was working fine yesterday. But I just tried to send a text and to call someone and I get "text is note included in your plan" or the "sorry, talk is not included in your current plan" voice message. 

I've tried doing to suspend & resume plan under "lost/stolen phone", and that seemed to have not worked. Anything else I can try?

22 REPLIES 22

Please read these insights and share yours regarding problems with texting with PM, here:

Problems with Texting on Public Mobile? Read my insights and share yours

If you appreciate the thread, be sure to click the Bravo button at the bottom of the post once you are at the link above.

Cheers

xchoo

@tazzy_s 
Another quick question. Did you turn on Airplane Mode or turn off cellular data? Check your control center/settings. Turning off cellular data will kill off the ability to make calls or text quickly

Nope. Didn't change a thing on my phone. And I've only used < 2MB of the free 250MB (with autopay) of data.

xchoo

I have a Nexus 5. And it worked fine for a day, then it just suddenly stopped working in the evening of May 1st.

tazzy_s

What device do you have?

tazzy_s

Another quick question. Did you turn on Airplane Mode or turn off cellular data? Check your control center/settings. Turning off cellular data will kill off the ability to make calls or text quickly

tazzy_s

tazzy_s

It may be possible that you may have blasted through your plan pretty quickly. Check your usage on self serve for a breakdown. 

xchoo

Nope. I'm still waiting on a reply from the Moderators. And my account is still not working right. 😞

Andrew55

So has any even heard what happened or heard anything from the moderators I messaged them yester still haven't heard anything

bidzini

Same here!

Tried to text/call this morning and it wasn't working.

Just activated my $15 plan a few days ago, and it's already broken...

bang886
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am also experiencing this issue as well. No call or text on the $15 plan.

michal1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same issue. No texts or calls. Says my plan has no texting or calling.

Andrew55

Same boat here just stopped working the other day out of no where phone just says emergency calls only got to love this I barely got one month of problem free use after a whole nightmare of trying to activate

Dlwalsh

Completely agree!!!!

loves_tweet

it's horrible business!!!!  how can we rely on them when so many ppl are having the same issues???

Dlwalsh

My daughter is on PM and hers worked this morning I got her to try before she left for school 

Still waiting on a response from the support team 

This is ridiculous

loves_tweet

same here...as of 2 days ago i am unable to call unless it's a toll free number.  It says that i am unable to call long distance...meanwhile I'm trying to call within Canada....so I am still waiting to hear from a mod since yesterday which is over 24hrs...good luck!

Dlwalsh

Same issue here 

Renewal was May 1st I changed plans , worked fine yesterday and today I can't do anything 

It seems to be a wide spread problem with no solution yet 

I contacted a moderator but haven't heard anything back from them 

xchoo

@Alex888 My account is active, and the last renewal date was May 1st.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@xchoo wrote:

Hi! So I activate my sim card yesterday (am on the $15 plan, auto-pay), and it was working fine yesterday. But I just tried to send a text and to call someone and I get "text is note included in your plan" or the "sorry, talk is not included in your current plan" voice message. 

I've tried doing to suspend & resume plan under "lost/stolen phone", and that seemed to have not worked. Anything else I can try?

@xchoo It could be sometimes wrong in PM side. I would send a private message to Moderator_Team instead. You can click on the envelop icon and send to "Moderator_Team". They will be reply within 2 days. 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@xchoo @Klane What is your account status Active, Suspended, or Expired? When is your next/last renewal dates?

Klane
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have had this problem too !

Try restarting the phone, if the problem persits private message the mods.

(click on the envelope icon in your community post and tag Moderators_Team)

Need Help? Let's chat.