cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forwarding

Grimmace
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there a cost to use the call forwarding feature? And if so what is the cost? Thank you in advance.

13 REPLIES 13

@Darougar 

These are courtesy of our resident expert @Nezgar 

So.. here's the commands you can dial:

Query conditional no answer forward: *#61#

Set conditional no answer forward: *61*xxxyyyzzzz#

Reset conditional no answer forward back to Public Mobile Default: ##61#

Query conditional unreachable forward: *#62#

Set conditional unreachable forward: *62*xxxyyyzzzz#

Reset conditional unreachable forward back to Public Mobile Default: ##67#

Query conditional busy/decline forward: *#67#

Set conditional busy/decline forward: *67*xxxyyyzzzz#

Reset conditional busy/decline forward back to Public Mobile Default: ##67#

(Set or reset all three of the above at the same time using 004 instead of 61/62/67)

And lastly:

Query unconditional forward: *#21#

Set unconditional forward: *21*xxxyyyzzzz#

Reset unconditional forward back to inactive: ##21#

Darougar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can you tell me how to cancel call forwarding?   

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jamschmok : Officially, call forwarding consumes minutes. But people experience otherwise. So it's subject to change at any time without notice.

Triguy has mentioned how the minutes would be counted.

@Jamschmok 

Talk minutes are counted whenever you make or receive calls on your phone. Talk time is calculated from the start of a call to when it is disconnected, and includes ring time and call routing. Total call time is always rounded up to the nearest minute. Please note that calls to voicemail and forwarding calls will use plan minutes.

Jamschmok
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

On limited plans it will use minutes... Is it one for one or is it one minute for a forward?

Example, A call comes in to PM number and forwards to 123456, The call lasts 5 minutes at the 1 2 3 4 5 6 number.

Is user charged one minute for the forward and the minutes are accrued on the 1 2 3 4 5 6 number or is user charged 5 minutes in PM 

@darlicious wrote:

@cellphoneuser1  You brought up a feature I was wondering about...if you have a US calling plan or add on can you not call forward to a US number? As long as your phone is in Canada?

No. Just Canadian numbers.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Grimmace  Every time I see your username I look at your avatar and want to see the actual Grimmace. I can just see his purple head....i wish we could design our own avatars in that regard. I've had my cartoon character for over 30 years but she's in name only here. If the moderators can add pics why can't we add caricatures or other icons or avatars?

Anyhow it makes me laugh every time...so please hang out.

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@Grimmace wrote:

Is there a cost to use the call forwarding feature? And if so what is the cost? Thank you in advance.

Also, you can only forward calls to another Canadian phone number.

@cellphoneuser1  You brought up a feature I was wondering about...if you have a US calling plan or add on can you not call forward to a US number? As long as your phone is in Canada?

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Grimmace wrote:

Also, you can only forward calls to another Canadian phone number.

Grimmace
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@Grimmace If you have an unlimited outgoing calling plan, there are no charges to worry about. If you have a limited outgoing plan, it will use your minutes and you may run out quicker, but still no charges.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Grimmace wrote:

PM plans are prepaid so there is no other costs or overages.  You can look at this link for more information on calling features: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/call-forwarding

Need Help? Let's chat.