cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forwarding to USA number.

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/call-forwarding

It doesn't state that we can't forward to a USA "10 digit number". 

Of course we would need an add on for long distance when forwarding.

Is this ever going to change where we can forward to a USA number?

(my fingers are crossed)

🙂  

8 REPLIES 8

@Anonymous wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

Yup I did and this is was happened

The system let me set forwarding to USA 716 number.

When I try to call me phone it 'rings' 8 times and then disconnects.

There is absolutely no tracer of the phone call done at all in my history.

So my conclusion is i

1. It won't work

2. If  youwant to avoid voicemail  all together set your missed/busy/declined/unavailable calls to the Whitehouse. Once forwarded it will sound as if it rings and will disconnect. So many times I've read here in the community asking for something along those lines

Yup. User @Nezgar posted a lot on this as a way to kinda disable voicemail. He usually chimes in on those questions.

Chime! Robot Happy

In regards to setting the "busy/declined" conditional call forward to a US number, normally this will result in the caller getting a fast busy signal when the call is directed this way. I have found recently that when calling from a Fongo VoIP home phone line that the call "rings" 8 times as you describe, not the fast busy, but at least it still never ends up at my voicemail...

Even with the Public Mobile $50 plan that includes US calling, or the US calling add-on (specifically the holiday 400-min add-on), I have tested and confirmed you can still not forward to a US number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kselmak wrote:

So my conclusion is i

1. It won't work

2. If  youwant to avoid voicemail  all together set your missed/busy/declined/unavailable calls to the Whitehouse. Once forwarded it will sound as if it rings and will disconnect. So many times I've read here in the community asking for something along those lines

Yup. User @Nezgar posted a lot on this as a way to kinda disable voicemail. He usually chimes in on those questions.

@Anonymous wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

I was under impression that you can forward to us number if you have the add-on. But I never actually tried. I'll try and report back

No you can't. But we all like to test things 🙂

So my conclusion is i

1. It won't work

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kselmak from my limited understanding forwarding happens on the network level, not on the account level, thus bypassing the account alltogether.  therefore the network does not know if you have a usa addon on your account to allow usa calling.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kselmak wrote:

I was under impression that you can forward to us number if you have the add-on. But I never actually tried. I'll try and report back

No you can't. But we all like to test things 🙂

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gblackma  no need to contact mods they do not know. They are Telus employees, but do not know the future plans of PM. They are basically a call center.

The best option is forward number to textnow or fongo.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@TMS you cant forward to  a Us number. Only a Cdn one. As to wether they will allow it in the future, the best person to answer that question would be a moderator . Couldn't you get a textnow Cdn number and forward your PM cell calls to it while in the U.S.? 

@TMS wrote:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/call-forwarding

It doesn't state that we can't forward to a USA "10 digit number". 

Of course we would need an add on for long distance when forwarding.

Is this ever going to change where we can forward to a USA number?

(my fingers are crossed)

🙂  

Need Help? Let's chat.