cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forwarding - left my phone at home

gochaking
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I left my phone at home. Just wondering if there is any way that I can forward my calls to my office phone remotely.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Some carriers used to be willing to do this.  I have been next to someone who had customer service at a different carrier do it for him.  However, I think that I read somewhere befeore about a policy change at some carriers that means that they're no longer allowed to do it, although technically possible. 

I believe that I've seen it in some carreier's self serf portal (can't remember which company it was) who let you set call forwarding number or reset it through the webpage.

Sorrry, but you're going to have someone do it for you physically with your cell phone (or go back and get it).

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

It sure would be nice if this were possible!  But despire forwarding being a network feature rather than a phone feature, it can only be managed on the phone not via your self-serve.  I have no idea if the moderators would be technically able to do this for you, but unfortunately with their current backlog, you would be back at home in front of your phone before you ever heard back from them, so there is really no point in trying.  

If you're worried about missing calls, you could call your own number and then press... I think it's # when you hear your outgoing message (if that goes beep and takes you straight into recording a message, then hang up and do it again but try * this time instead) and enter in your PIN.  You coudl then go into your greetings and record an alternate greeting that tells the caller that you current don't have access to your phone, so if it's urgent please call me at <your work number> or please email me at x@y.com, or something like that.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gochaking wrote:

Just wondering if there is any way that I can forward my calls to my office phone remotely.

I'm quite certain that there's no way to remotely alter call-forwarding.

When I was with Telus, I had a similar situation, but I was able to call up their tech support, and got ahold of a tech who understood what I needed, and he could enable call forwarding from the back end through voodoo and magic.

But, back then paying big bucks to the big carriers (plus reaching the right savvy tech) meant being able to get services that weren't a la carte.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@gochaking, I believe the only way is via your phone. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@gochaking

From my understanding, you can't forward your calls remotely.  You need to have your phone with you.  

Here is the article on call forwarding

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-To-Use-Your-Phone-and-Plan-Feature...

Need Help? Let's chat.