Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forward to US numbers.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi @Mary_M,

I wish to clarify matters with you.

I have unlimited Canada-wide calling, but I can't forward to U.S numbers. With your tool, can you forward, for example, my incoming calls to American numbers?

I look forward to your reply.

6 REPLIES 6

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi @srlawren,

Either of the 2 long-distance add-ons is for calling FROM Canada. Incoming calls, assuming that you are in your home province, are not deducted from the minutes purchased. If you are not in your home province, you cannot receive any incoming calls unless a LD add-on was purchased. In that case, minutes are deducted from those purchased.

Though I'm not 100% certain, the technology that PM employs precludes LD minutes to call forward to an American number.

FYI.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @Mary_M, your last message leads me to believe that if I have a long distance add-on that includes US calling (i.e. either the $8 or the $15 one), then I can call-forward my PM number to a US-based number before leaving Canada, and have inbound calls deduct from my add-on minutes?  This is actually news to me and would be quite handy when I occasionally travel to the US and use a Roam Mobility SIM with a US-based phone number.  Can you please confirm that this should indeed work?

@Rick sorry for conributing to the off-topic discussion, I know my questions above don't help in your situation.  I hope @Mary_M is able to help after you private message her your phone number.  Wishing you luck!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi @Mary_M,

Thanks for your intention to research the matter. Much appreciated!

Cheers 🙂

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Martin

Yes, c'est la vie is right!. If forwarding PM numbers to US numbers is disallowed, then I doubt our system will let us do it. 

When I have some time later, I'll contact the right department and I'll find out why we are not allowed to forward to US numbers. I'll keep you posted 🙂

**UPDATE**

"Call Forwarding allows a customer to forward incoming calls to another number (local or long distance—except International) and still make outgoing calls. Call Forwarding to a U.S. number is charged the same amount per minute as if calling U.S from Canada"

Unfortunately, no bundle can cover this as it is charged per-per-use. Seeing how Public Mobile is a prepaid service, we do not offer pay-per-use services. I am very sorry to conclude, after much research and contact with my tech team, that this will not work for Public Mobile.

• If calls are forwarded to a number outside the customer's local calling area, long distance charges apply even if the customer has a plan or add-on with Long Distance.

I hope this clarifies the issue for you guys..at least we are now sure that it will not work. Once again, I sincerely do apologize for the misinformation. 

Cheers!

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi @Mary_M,

Thank you for the clarification.

I don't recall the error message, but I was told by former members of the community team that, even with Canada-wide calling, forwarding to non-Canadian numbers was disallowed. I tried various methods to forward to numbers in the USA, but all were unsuccessful.

C'est la vie!

Cheers.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @imm1304

Sorry for the delay, I was taking advantage of the sun 😛

As a matter of fact, we do have a tool we can work with to enable call forwarding for a customer without us physically having the phone. To be honest however, I am not sure if being abroad would affect anything; I would definitely need to confirm that with my tech team.  

Once I do, I'll send you a private message ! 🙂

**Update: It should not affect the call forward feature

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **
Need Help? Let's chat.