cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Waiting

ckkong
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My friend has PM, but sometimes when his phone there is no call waiting. Other times when I call him, he told me he is on the other line. I know that when I was on Koodo I had call waiting. I wanted to know if all the PM plans actually has call waiting?

10 REPLIES 10

ckkong

@computergeek541 wrote:

@ckkong wrote:

@ckkong wrote:

Thank you!

@computergeek541 wrote:

@ckkong wrote:

How come sometimes the phone is busy though?

I believe that if someone gets sent to your voicemail at the same time as someone else, the second person receives a busy signal. 

How about when I call and after it does the dial tone it immediately directs me to the voice mail? Does that mean that the phone is turned off or on another call?

There is no dial tone when using a cell phone, but if you reach someone's voicemail when calling that person, it could be one of a few different things:

-that person rejected your call

-the receiving person's phone has no signal or is turned off

-person is blocking your calls

-receiver is already in a call but doesn't have call waiting

-temproary network problem on the other end

Thank you for the response. I see. He is also Public Mobile and was the one that recommended to get this phone service. There is also the possibility he is in the basement and cannot receive the signal or a place where the signal cannot be reached. My friend has mentioned before that there is a electrical room that prevents the phone from receiving calls or making calls. Basements of buildings also have this issue that messages get delayed and phone calls don't go through. I also am aware that the previous phone he used to use had problems and he wasn't receiving calls and messages from time to time.

@ckkong wrote:

@ckkong wrote:

Thank you!

@computergeek541 wrote:

@ckkong wrote:

I believe that if someone gets sent to your voicemail at the same time as someone else, the second person receives a busy signal. 

How about when I call and after it does the dial tone it immediately directs me to the voice mail? Does that mean that the phone is turned off or on another call?

There is no dial tone when using a cell phone, but if you reach someone's voicemail when calling that person, it could be one of a few different things:

-that person rejected your call

-the receiving person's phone has no signal or is turned off

-person is blocking your calls

-receiver is already in a call but doesn't have call waiting

-temproary network problem on the other end

ckkong

@ckkong wrote:

Thank you!

@computergeek541 wrote:

@ckkong wrote:

ckkong

Thank you!

@computergeek541 wrote:

@ckkong wrote:

@ckkong wrote:

ckkong

Thank you.

melissaTr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

PM have call waiting. You have to set it up in your phone.

I found this website help with setting all of the calling features

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-To-Use-Your-Phone-and-Plan-Feature...

Hope it's help.

ckkong

ckkong

Thank you!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Yes they do have call waiting

Need Help? Let's chat.