cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Forwarding on 2021 Province-wide Plans?

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

If anyone reading this is operating on one of the new province wide plans available since Feb 16, 2021, I'm very curious to know if you can test call forwarding to an out of province number. I'd like to know if it consumes base plan or long-distance add-on minutes on the new $15 plan (if present on the account) for the following scenarios. Without a long-distance add-on, any of these calls would supposedly just fail.

1. Unconditional call forwarding to an out-of-province number - ie dial *21*1234567890#, reset with ##21#
  2. Conditional call forwarding to an out-of-province number - ie dial *004*1234567890#, reset back to regular voicemail with ##004#
  3. Conditional call forwarding by default is usually set to a voicemail number in your own area code - but some customers, ie in Alberta, use the Regina SK number. Use this list, and set an out-of-province voicemail deposit number: (Reset to default with ##004) - Query your defaults before you start with these three codes: *#61#  *#62#  *#67#
    https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...
  4. Lastly, whether directly calling an out-of-province voicemail access number uses base-plan minutes, or long-distance minutes...

🖖

5 REPLIES 5

@Nezgar 

Perfect.....will report back in when I get access to the phone.

@darliciousHere's a few automated numbers you can use, all Ontario numbers:

613-745-1576 NRC Telephone Talking Clock
416-395-5400 Toronto Public Library Dial-a-Story
226-244-4444 Fongo Call quality tests

@Nezgar 

From my testing last night the following did not use minutes:

1. Always forward.
  2. Unreachable.
  3. Unanswered.

BTW....this was an alberta number in bc call forwarding to a bc number but with the alberta voicemail number. The bc number has of course a bc voicemail number. I can test on another (bc) province wide plan in a few days. Any suggestions for an out of province number to call forward to?

Edit: Now that I've read the post from February the voicenail number (306) is Saskatchewan. I don't think voicemail was called directly but I can check the account.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Hey @darlicious - I saw you mention in another thread you had a phone on a province wide plan, if it's the $15 plan I was wondering if you could confirm if each of the 4 call forwarding methods results in consumption of minutes or not, and also test when forwarding to an out-of-province number? 🙏

Edit: even if it's an unlimited province wide plan, testing forwarding out of province, and checking if they complete would be interesting to know...

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

In "theory" you cannot call forward from your home province to another province, unless you happen to be in the "forward to" province. However, it may work if the backend system cannot easily be programmed to prevent it, but don't count on it.

Whatever the case, you'll need to wait for the promos to end to find a customer will to experiment. Doubt you'll find a legacy customer to cooperate.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.