cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Call Forwarding Not Operating

A couple of days ago I activated call forwarding on my Android cellphone in order to forward calls to a landline phone I'm now using.  The Android cellphone displays a greeting screen message that is showing "forwarding all calls" and when I first tested it, it successfully forwarded the call I made to the landline phone. 

However, today I discovered that sometime since my successful test, calls to my Android cellphone are getting that cellphone's voicemail message so that no calls are being forwarded to the landline phone I'm now using. 

I tried re-activating the call forwarding feature and got another confirmation screen saying "Call forwarding. Registration was successful."  Unfortunately, that's not true so that a call to my Android cellphone stills receives that phone's voicemail (which I'm now unable to retrieve or answer).

How can I fix this?

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Call Forwarding Not Operating

@Eddy_222 Call forwarding is a network feature. The settings retrieved from network every time going to that menu. If it says all calls are being forwarded and it doesn't work, you need to open a ticket. Click on the large question mark for this.

Mayor / Maire

@Eddy_222  

There are different versions of call forwarding including: - always forward - forward when busy - forward when reachable - forward when unanswered - variable forward (i.e., based on phone number)

You should be using always forward. More info on codes can be found here.

I used the "Unconditional" version so that all calls would be forwarded until I reversed the operation using #21# "Send". Regret the incorrect version doesn't appear to have been my problem.

Following your recommendation, I tried to get help by accessing the Community moderator resource. Unfortunately, every link I tried resulted in a "red box" that denied me any access.

I've only been with Public Mobile for a few weeks and, while I appreciate the community help spirit, I am finding it difficult to resolve what might be considered (at least to me) an unusual problem that needs technical assistance.

@Eddy_222 wrote:

Following your recommendation, I tried to get help by accessing the Community moderator resource. Unfortunately, every link I tried resulted in a "red box" that denied me any access.

Using.a link for private mesage? Use the question mark symbol instead or first turn on private mesaaging.

Mayor / Maire

@Eddy_222  To submit a ticket to Public Mobile do the following:

PMST.png

Thanks for the illustration/direction. Looks like just what I need to get next level help.👍

@Eddy_222 wrote:

I've only been with Public Mobile for a few weeks and, while I appreciate the community help spirit, I am finding it difficult to resolve what might be considered (at least to me) an unusual problem that needs technical assistance.

@Eddy_222  It seems the last few days there have been some struggles using simple Simon to access the moderators. Not so simple. Although this is not the recommended way...i have found success and a quick reply using this method. Go to the top right of your screen to the envelope icon next to your avatar. Click on the private message icon. In the "send to" bar tag @Moderator_Team 

Explain your issue...then include your full name on account, email, ph #, pin # fo verification that you are the account holder. They may also ask: alternate ph #, last payment amount and type, address or security question and answer. Keep an eye on the envelope icon for a little number to appear which means you have a new msg. You can also sign up for email alerts  that you have a private message. Lately responses have been a couple hours at the most. Responding quickly to a message usually gets a quick follow up resonse from a moderator. They are finished for tonight but a message overnight will usually get you a response within an hour of the 8am et start of their workday. Good luck and I hope they can resolve your issue quickly.

Appreciate the help. One more thing - what does it mean to - in the Send box, "tag "@Moderator_Team"?
If I just type in that phrase "@Moderator_Team", I get an error message or the box reverts to blank because, I suspect, I haven't specified a particular person (addressee) at the Moderator Team. I'm sure I sound like a newbie at this - what am I doing wrong?