cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHANGING PLANS QUESTION

GLENNJOSEPH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

HELLO, I HAVE THE $35 plan now and have had since 7 Feb 2021. it comes with 2 gig plus 500 mb, plus there appears a 5 gig BONUS.

MY NUMBER IS xxx-xxx-xxxx, 

i only average 440 mb, and probably get this lower

i know how to change the plan , and that I should choose on next payment date.

my question is if I choose the 15 plan currently available, which comes with 250 mb data on auto pay.  do I lose my previous data bonuses?

if I choose the 25 plan which has 500 mb, plus 500 bonus with auto pay, do I lose the previous bonuses?

Edit by Dunkman; removed personal information

14 REPLIES 14

@HALIMACS 

I agree with your assessment.  Usually, if you get any add on (whether promo or purchased), the customer will keep the add ons when they change plans.  If you change plans before promo is awarded, you will likely not get it.  

Personally, I believe that OP will probably keep the 5GB data promo if he changes plans, but just in case, OP should be aware of the potential risks.  I have not been part of previous threads where customers have been successful with this 5GB promo.  I just remembered that one thread that I posted above.  

I'm glad you weighed in, @Dunkman 

There has been a fair amount of confusion about retaining the 5GB bonus add on if one changes plans, either up or down.

I've heard many say they were able to change plans AFTER the bonus 5GB had been applied to their account.  

Perhaps in practice, the 'forfeiting' of the 5GB occurs if one changes plans BEFORE the 5 GB has been manually added by PM to the account? (i.e. within the first 30 days of activation, if someone activates on a $25 or higher plan, THEN lowers to the $15 plan BEFORE the 5 GB was added)

Is that your experience, also?

@GLENNJOSEPH 

I found another thread just now.  Actually, you may lose the promo 5GB if you change plans according to terms and conditions.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Do-I-lose-5GB-data-bonus-when-changing-...

According to the terms and conditions you would lose the add-on for a plan change.

"The 5GB one-time data bonus will be applied to rate plans of $25/month or more. Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. Please note that the bonus data will be applied within 30 days of activation. This offer is subject to change without notice."

If you do change plans, please let us know if you were able to keep the 5GB data promo.

@HALIMACS , now I know why people copy the previous comment before making a new post..  Can't be bothered.lol  No need to drag it on. Enjoy the morning 🌄

Speak your mind,  @Quigley 

If I'm amending an entry, and I'm unaware there is a subsequent entry with substantially the same information being added almost simultaneously, I may not necessarily add the words EDIT. 

@GLENNJOSEPH 

Typically, these one time promo data bonus will stay in your account even if you change plans.  However, you should check the terms and conditions.  In some past promotions, the terms state that if you change plans, you will lose the promo data.  I tried to check for the new years day promo, but  was unable to find this details.  

Also, Public mobile has increase the plans for Canada wide calling by $5 per month.  If you change plans now and want to return to your original plan and need Canada wide calling, you may be paying $5 per month more.  Right now the Canada wide calling plans are on "sale" with $5 discount.  

@HALIMACS , Ok, if you say so. Your the Mayor.

@Quigley 

EDITS entered before I even noticed someone else had replied - consistency in messaging should help the OP.

The 5 gb bonus is a ONE TIME BONUS and will roll over to next month until you use it up, for however long it takes.

@HALIMACS   Nice edit , edit, edit, edit lol

@GLENNJOSEPH

If the 5 GB bonus was applied to your account, you will retain that if you change plans.

EDIT#1:  It's a one-time bonus add-on which expires after it is used,  it does not renew every cycle.

EDIT#2:  Yes, it only gets consumed after your plans data allotment is consumed.

GLENNJOSEPH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

here is what i received, and what I do not understand, is it 5 gb reoccuring bonus or 5 gb total to be used after i exceeded my current plan of 2gb plus 500 mb? 

Congrats! Your email was received and is eligible for our limited time flash sale.

Get your second month of service for free when you activate on any plan. Plus, get a one-time 5GB of free data on select plans.* Discount and bonus data will be applied to eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. 

Activate by February 8th.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

HELLO, I HAVE THE $35 plan now and have had since 7 Feb 2021. it comes with 2 gig plus 500 mb, plus there appears a 5 gig BONUS.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

i only average 440 mb, and probably get this lower

i know how to change the plan , and that I should choose on next payment date.

my question is if I choose the 15 plan currently available, which comes with 250 mb data on auto pay.  do I lose my previous data bonuses?

if I choose the 25 plan which has 500 mb, plus 500 bonus with auto pay, do I lose the previous bonuses?

@GLENNJOSEPH 

This is a public forum, please edit your post to remove any personal information. To edit it, hit the 3 dots at top, right of your post.

I would refer to the Terms and Conditions you were provided the 5GB bonus to be sure. Was this a sign up promo 5GB addon?

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

Good question. I think that was asked recently and the answer was no, I believe. You can get either one and keep the bonuses. 

The bonuses stay with the ACCOUNT and not with the plan. I hope that's clear! Which wasn't stated in the previous comment. @GLENNJOSEPH 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@GLENNJOSEPH 

If you received the bonus on your account, you can change plans and retain the bonus.

Need Help? Let's chat.