cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CALLING GALWAY IN IRELAND

BassBoy7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I SEE THE LONG DISTANCE ADD-ON MENTIONS THE UNITED KINGDOM, BUT NOT IRELAND (SOUTH IRELAND IS NOT IN THE U.K.).  If I purchase the long distance add-on, will the add-on include Galway in South Ireland?

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

@JoyLuck It's my belief that the 300 minute add-on is programmed as a new offering. I would not be surprisred if the old 400 munute add-on uses the old country list.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@BassBoy7 wrote:

I SEE THE LONG DISTANCE ADD-ON MENTIONS THE UNITED KINGDOM, BUT NOT IRELAND (SOUTH IRELAND IS NOT IN THE U.K.).  If I purchase the long distance add-on, will the add-on include Galway in South Ireland?

Thanks.

Ireland has now been added as one of the countries for International Long Distance

300 International Long Distance Minutes

Included countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France,Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela

EDIT: See @computergeek541 post below. You would probably need to purchase the "new" international plan.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can also use Wi-Fi apps like Google Duo, Skype, Fongo, and FaceTime.

@jor123 yes. As long as you have a wifi connection can use it anywhere in the world. The app is many people's go to app when they travel to other countries. 

Unlike apps like WhatsApp where both parties need the app. Textnow only you need the app. So easy for elders to reach you. Just pick up the landline and dial your textnow number

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Interesting, are US/CA calls even free on text now? 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@BassBoy7  check out the app called TEXTNOW. You get a free Canadian number in your area that allows you to call Canada/USA, text (even has voicemail) over wifi for Free.  Can use data as well.

Textnow offers really cheap rates for calling other countries.

Looking at Ireland it actually says it's a FREE call. Not sure if it's Ireland cell numbers or landlines but it's worth a try.

Screenshot_20200926_052404.jpg

BassBoy7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks ... I thought as much

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@BassBoy7 No, it won't work. Ireland isn't U.K. You'll need a calling card or use an app to make calls.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BassBoy7 It will not be able to go through.

Need Help? Let's chat.